Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        linker error? 0x162d undefined reference

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: linker error? 0x162d undefined reference

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 07-28-2011 05:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm currently stuck on a compiler error:

LD build/release-mingw32-x86/baseq3/cgamex86.dll
build/release-mingw32-x86/baseq3/cgame/cg_main.o:cg_main.c:(.text+0x162d): undefined reference to `String_Parse'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I don't understand this error, because as far as I can see String_Parse *is* defined.

In cg_main.c I've added a function (from NS:CO source code) in which String_Parse() is called. This is the only line in all of cg_main.c where String_Parse() is called, so it's the line creating the error.

However, at the top of cg_main.c I have
#include "../ui/ui_shared.h"

And in ui_shared.h String_Parse is defined.

Perhaps cg_main.c just doesn't have access to things in ui_shared.c (where the actual String_Parse function is defined)???

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 07-29-2011 06:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bludshot wrote:
Perhaps cg_main.c just doesn't have access to things in ui_shared.c (where the actual String_Parse function is defined)???

That's correct.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.