Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        UI modifs

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: UI modifs

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 08-05-2011 02:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hola,

again, in order to cumulate all my maps and bot in a same pk3, I will then need to display them all... and another limitation trick me... hte menu limitation.
Only display some few bots and some maps. :confused: really limited...

I found the "UI Enhanced 1.2" mod, that gives a nice way to select bot player.
But I really doesn't like the map selector... too much complicated and borring to use...
Even i spend time adding bots, and finally, It doesn't add them to the game.
Worth, when i manually add ingame the bots... It finally never work...
:puke:

someone has a similar mod that I wouldn't have found yet?? or any update of that same mode ui ??? (I looked a lot and seems impossible)

I tryed myself to rewrite bot menu limit with the source code... with Q3 clear code, and It never compile... So I guess I'm not made for this...

Some one has at list that ui.qvm with a bigger bot limitation?? yet only this would be great!

thanks for your lights!
:idea:

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 09-06-2011 09:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can just type the name of the map you want. I don't know about using bots. If you want to write your own mod/engine that has larger limits for this, well, I think that's an awful lot of trouble to go to when you can just list the maps and type it yourself. There are guides online for how to compile the engine and the mod, so, if you ever get far enough to actually be coding your own mod, maybe I can help if you get stuck on something. Maybe not though I don't know all that much. I think it's a silly project idea but it's your right to try :p

Last bumped by Frenchguy on 09-06-2011 09:20 AM.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.