Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        Modifying brush geometry

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Modifying brush geometry

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-28-2011 06:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is it possible to change the size (scale) a brush from the game code (so without making engine modifications)? I doubt it's actually possible, but if anyone can tell me otherwise, let me know :)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 09-28-2011 11:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd assume you'd need to do some changes in cm_load.c and/or tr_bsp.c, which obviously is compiled into the engine. But I'm relatively new to C programming so I might be wrong.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 09-29-2011 02:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I imagine not with structural brushes, but if you created func_walls like in urban terror then I would think maybe you could manipulate those, or if not, build various sizes of the same brush as func_walls and then in code you could select which one to display or something.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 09-30-2011 01:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This was my idea! :P

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.