Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        Question For the Community

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Question For the Community

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-30-2012 04:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is it possible to run multiple mods at a time? Reason I'm asking is I know one of the mod's I run there is no source code for it, so really can't alter it, but I'm thinking it would be nice to add a few administration plugins to it. Including Mysql logging of events.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 01-30-2012 05:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not really. You could disassemble the byte code and patch in more functionality but that's so complicated you'd only do it if your life depended on it.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-30-2012 05:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So the only way it would be possible is to edit the actual server binary (edit the source code for quake/ioquake) to load additional libraries, to accomplish what I'm looking for?

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 02-01-2012 08:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, that's correct.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-02-2012 07:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone feel like making a mysql + amxmod for quake3? ;)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.