Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        Quake 3 Source compiled not running on Windows 7 but on XP

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 3 Source compiled not running on Windows 7 but on XP

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-03-2012 09:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As the title says, I have compiled the source i edited up for the quake 3 engine and tested it out on XP. It worked great! I then tried to move it onto my main windows 7 computer and test it there. It completely crashes even before the "idlogo.RoQ" video plays. It just goes white and displays the "has stopped working and needs to close" crap. I even tried just taking the fresh unedited source code and tried compiling that. Works on XP, still no go on 7. I have my latest graphics drivers for both computers (so it's probably not OpenGL). I gave the .exe file to 2 friends on steam who have windows 7 and quake 3 and still no go for them either. I'm using MS Visual Studio 2010. Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: I also tried running in compatibility mode for 7. It did not work too well....

Señor Shambler
Señor Shambler
PostPosted: 07-14-2012 10:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does VS2010 give you any errors/warnings?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-18-2012 08:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's the full build log:
------ Build started: Project: renderer, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
renderer.vcxproj -> C:\Documents and Settings\PsYk0SLaV3\Desktop\futuramaBeta\code\renderer\.\Release\renderer.lib
------ Build started: Project: botlib, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
botlib.vcxproj -> C:\Documents and Settings\PsYk0SLaV3\Desktop\futuramaBeta\code\botlib\.\Release\botlib.lib
------ Build started: Project: Splines, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Splines.vcxproj -> C:\Documents and Settings\PsYk0SLaV3\Desktop\futuramaBeta\code\splines\.\Release\Splines.lib
------ Build started: Project: game, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(990,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\Documents and Settings\PsYk0SLaV3\Desktop\futuramaBeta\code\game\.\Release\game.dll) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (C:\Documents and Settings\PsYk0SLaV3\Desktop\futuramaBeta\code\Release\qagamex86.dll). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(992,5): warning MSB8012: TargetName(game) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (qagamex86). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
game.vcxproj -> C:\Documents and Settings\PsYk0SLaV3\Desktop\futuramaBeta\code\game\.\Release\game.dll
------ Build started: Project: cgame, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(990,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\Documents and Settings\PsYk0SLaV3\Desktop\futuramaBeta\code\cgame\.\Release\cgame.dll) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (C:\Documents and Settings\PsYk0SLaV3\Desktop\futuramaBeta\code\Release\cgamex86.dll). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(992,5): warning MSB8012: TargetName(cgame) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (cgamex86). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
cgame.vcxproj -> C:\Documents and Settings\PsYk0SLaV3\Desktop\futuramaBeta\code\cgame\.\Release\cgame.dll
------ Build started: Project: q3_ui, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(990,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\Documents and Settings\PsYk0SLaV3\Desktop\futuramaBeta\code\q3_ui\.\Release\q3_ui.dll) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (C:\Documents and Settings\PsYk0SLaV3\Desktop\futuramaBeta\code\Release\uix86.dll). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(992,5): warning MSB8012: TargetName(q3_ui) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (uix86). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
q3_ui.vcxproj -> C:\Documents and Settings\PsYk0SLaV3\Desktop\futuramaBeta\code\q3_ui\.\Release\q3_ui.dll
------ Skipped Build: Project: ui, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
========== Build: 6 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.