Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        mingw compile problems

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: mingw compile problems

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 03-09-2013 08:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi, i'm actually trying to compile my mod with mingw. I was able to compile the main exe and dlls but i still fail in two points::
1.adding ogg vorbis (got errors and i don't get the final build)
2.any kind of modification on cgame code doesn't produce any kind of effect ( O__o like if the original code is untouched)

what i'm doing wrong?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-09-2013 11:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1. Vorbis isn't enabled by default... did you enable it? If so then you'll need the libs as they aren't included.
2. You'll need to double check to see you're doing it all correctly. No idea what's going wrong there but maybe deleting the build folders and try again.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 03-09-2013 06:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i enabled it in makefile but probably he still miss some libs, i downloaded the libvorbis code but i don't know how to setup it.
2.you was right, i erased the build directory and retry...success finally. now i need to recode everything from zero.

Do you know where's the code about "foe" "teammate" icon (the one over the head)?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-10-2013 04:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmm. I'll PM you the libs sometime soon.

----------------

cg_players.c CG_PlayerSprites()

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 03-10-2013 07:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i got libvorbis1.3.3 (this version needs to be compiled and build) but i don't know where the makefile search it.

Mhmmm why this damn foe sprite dishappear after a little if my teammate is behind a wall? O_o i made a new shader so i can still see the foe sprite also behind the walls..but just for a short time, after a little dishappear (or maybe it's just too far and little)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-10-2013 11:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I PM'd you the libs.

You also need to change the makefile a bit. Around line 541 you must change this...
Code:
  ifeq ($(USE_CODEC_VORBIS),1)
    CLIENT_LIBS += -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg
  endif

... to this...
Code:
    CLIENT_CFLAGS += -I$(MOUNT_DIR)/vorbis/include
    CLIENT_LIBS += $(LIBSDIR)/win32/libvorbisfile.a $(LIBSDIR)/win32/libvorbis.a $(LIBSDIR)/win32/libogg.a
  endif

Not sure about the sprite, I've tried doing the same thing myself but decided it wasn't worth the effort anyway.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 03-11-2013 04:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I enabled the vorbis so in makefile i set to 1 that
Code:
ifndef USE_CODEC_VORBIS
USE_CODEC_VORBIS=1
endif

also i changed the strings you suggested me for mingw and general build
Code:
    CLIENT_CFLAGS += -I$(MOUNT_DIR)/vorbis/include
    CLIENT_LIBS += $(LIBSDIR)/win32/libvorbisfile.a $(LIBSDIR)/win32/libvorbis.a $(LIBSDIR)/win32/libogg.a
  endif

i put the vorbis directory inside my code dir (checking it also searching mount_dir defination at the very start of "makefile" file)...
but i still can't build.

do i need also to change something inside client/snd_codec_ogg.o ?
Building still return me error about snd_codec_ogg.o:34:31 vorbis/vorbisfile.h no such file

O___o snd_codec_ogg.o search the vorbisfile.h in the wrong directory?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-11-2013 09:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It definitely compiles, I tried it on a clean ioquake3. Try this...
http://www.mediafire.com/?20y4b6d60y32l13

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 03-12-2013 01:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

with your file it compiles without problems, i think you was using the SVN revision and i still use the 1.36 source of ioquake3 :D ty it works now!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.