Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        TheTeamMod [alpha]

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: TheTeamMod [alpha]

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-22-2014 10:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TheTeamMod [alpha]

Here's a basic ioquake3 mod that was started mostly out of curiosity. It aims to expand the number of teams in the game from two to six: adding green, gold, cyan and pink to the existing red and blue. It will in future also add full widescreen support (currently has correct FOV projection but still needs correct UI scaling) and other refinements, all while retaining the original Q3A feel.

Download:
- v0.0.1 mod release
- v0.0.1 source

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 04-24-2014 10:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very cool. Reminds me of Perfect Dark. Would it be alright to use this in another mod? All credited of course.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 05-08-2014 11:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i will check it this evening GJ!

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 06-25-2016 04:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow! Six team? Maps in Snowflake shape? :D

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 06-25-2016 04:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The mod needs to be completed. While I joined Green Team and accessed Red Flag, game was shut down :D

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-25-2016 12:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I could use some of this code for my own mod for Spearmint - thank you very much.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-30-2016 03:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CZghost wrote:
Wow! Six team? Maps in Snowflake shape? :D

I'm not sure why, but *giggles*.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-10-2016 03:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CZghost wrote:
The mod needs to be completed. While I joined Green Team and accessed Red Flag, game was shut down :D

I tested it thoroughly in CTF and have yet to crash the game. Have you managed to recreate the crash?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 07-11-2016 10:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nope. I did not test it again :D But I remember truly what caused to crash the game (in fact, it crashed the whole game, even engine console). When spawned to Green team, I had black skin and spawned on PT spawnpoint. When touched the Red Flag, the game immediately crashed and even console was shut down. No error shown up, it just ended the game engine proccess :D

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.