Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        Compiling, but code changes not applying

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Compiling, but code changes not applying

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-04-2014 02:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello,
On linux, im using ioquake3 souce code with quake3 arena pak files in baseq3.

So in cg_main.c: { &cg_zoomFov, "cg_zoomfov", "22.5", CVAR_CHEAT } and changed 22.5 to 30, I compiled in game the default value is still 22.5.

Also I added { &gen_drawWeapon, "gen_drawWeapon", "2", CVAR_ARCHIVE} and in cg_local.h I added extern vmCvar_t gen_drawWeapon;
In-game cmd /gen_drawWeapon not recognized.

To compile, in the main dir where makefile is, I use terminal command "make" and I run ioquake3.x86_64, from <maindir>/build/release-linux-x86_64.

Are my changes getting replaced by code in the quake3 pak3 files? Or am I not compiling correctly (I didnt do any changes to makefile)?

Thank you reading

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-04-2014 05:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

First things first:
- What is your build target? DLL files? If so, have you configured Q3 to use DLL files rather than qvm's? Change these settings to your mod folder's q3config.cfg:
seta vm_ui "0"
seta vm_game "0"
seta vm_cgame "0"

If they are set to 1 or 2, change it to 0.

- Are your QVM or Dll's deployed to Q3 correctly? (Placed in the correct folder)
- Is your mod loaded? Check by entering \fs_game in the console. If it echoes back the name of your mod, then it's OK.
- the cg_zoomfov setting may have been written to your q3config before. Your code change only changes the default value. Test by removing the cg_zoom for setting from your mod's q3config.cfg file before starting the game.
- Note that client side cvars are only recognized when cgame is loaded. In other words, you must be inside a game, able to run around and shoot.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-04-2014 09:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thank you, I didnt know about the mod folder, I was just simply compiling ioquake3 and expecting my modifications to be implement.
:)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.