Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        Making own Shader Editor

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Making own Shader Editor

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-29-2015 06:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

To make easier editing shaders there is somewhere already shader editor. Control is good, but it uses DirectX renderer istead of OpenGL which is the one Quake 3 have in use and it has fixed size 3D models to work on and I need flexible ones to test on any sizes, not the fixed ones... Since this is the only "official" editor, I decided to make my own with layout in one window. I will need to download MS Visual Studio free and OpenGL renderer libraries for developers. The first one is downloadable from MS sites and the second one I do not know where to look for it... Also will need some C++ tutorials since I am not ordinar programmer...

Just wanna know, may I make it public for download? If not sure yet, I will post some screenshots and video footages, if you will like it, then I would make it beta for download... It will be probably free GNU GPL licence, I do not want any money for something that is supposed to be for fun...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-29-2015 11:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 04-02-2015 02:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I would love seeing some screens! :D

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.