Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        Berserker@Quake3 source?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Berserker@Quake3 source?

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 10-18-2016 08:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey does anyone know if Berserker ever released the source code to his Quake 3 project? Maybe I overlooked it because of all the Russian text. I've looked around some of his sites like:
http://quakegate.ru/forum/bserserker-s-projects/
https://sourceforge.net/u/megabers/profile/
http://berserker.quakegate.ru/index.html

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 10-21-2016 11:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Awesome response and awesome looking engine. All off the Q3 engine? That's so cool. I'm definitely going to have to start looking into it. I didn't notice a website link though. DO you know if they have one?

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 10-21-2016 12:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I found the game in the game directory. I agree that Q3 engine programmers for the Q3 engine really do need to stick together and share information. Great things would happen if they did. I am not am expert programmer. Just an average 'can do a lot of game programming' programmer / artist.

When I tried compiling the source the only error I got so far was:
fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'ode.lib'

I'm not sure what it needs here. I checked out ODE's link too at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/opende ... p_redirect

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 10-21-2016 01:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bots are gone, oh no! Why's everyone always got to mess with the Q3 bot? It's a good bot. It's like the meeting went like this: "Ok so we want realtime shadows, and an updated rendering system, and physics, and... oh and no bots."
Dang. Wait, Xreal had bots didn't it? And I'm guessing by the Qio youtube videos that they still intend to have some sort of monster code?
I hope you are able to accomplish what you're working on. Except I do like having a working sln file. Most projects just abandon vis studio support and that is sad.

It's funny how I just set out to find a way to get a working vertex buffer object in Q3 and then go through hours of exploring another project only to return from where I started. Gotta have bots. :)

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 10-21-2016 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been checking the Qio engine out since I woke up this morni... evening. Heh. It looks cool but young. Any test weapons able to be used? Is there a good map that has something to shoot at? I'm guessing people will have to recompile their maps with a new q3map2?

And your project sounds good. Any links? Monster code, that sounds awesome. I wish Q3 had greater entity limits and allowed for monsters. Something not as complex/heavy as dumping a bunch of clients in a game and calling them monsters, but still used the aas system.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 10-21-2016 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You know if Jürgen Hoffman ever released the code to his hunt mod?

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 10-21-2016 08:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I appreciate all the help. I'll be sure to check in and see what you're up to on GitHub.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-30-2016 06:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The hunt mod is hard af to compile. You need to use qvms.

I'm pretty sad that this qio is in c++, and lacks the Q3A movement code. Why was it ever taken out?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.