Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        Quake 4 Single Player map

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 4 Single Player map

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-05-2023 04:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Recently I found Quake 4 on my hard drive and I wonder if this entire Single Player map was created in editors like Radiant, Quark, etc.?
After all, there is a lot of variety and detail, even from bullets, the marks on the walls vary depending on the type of material.
Doing something like this in these editors is significantly time-consuming.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-05-2023 06:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake 4 uses idTech4, aka the Doom 3 engine. The levels were made with the built-in editor which I understand is a continuation of Q3Radiant.
So yes, most of the levels have been made in a Radiant-like editor. I do think a significant number of props and assets have been modelled in a dedicated 3D modelling program like Blender or 3DSMax and imported I to the game. Quake 3 (idTech3) already allowed this and was done to some degree. Quake 4 will have expanded on this.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.