Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        Overriding the gameplay entity key/value

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Overriding the gameplay entity key/value

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 08-29-2005 02:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm trying to make it so that if an entity has "gametype" "ctf" allow it which means that it would only be CTF, but i need to have it also do Reverse CTF so that the flags, and other static entities can spawn :(.

Any help would be great, thanks!

It would most likely be somewhere in here (g_spawn.c):

Code:
   if( G_SpawnString( "gametype", NULL, &value ) ) {
      if( g_gametype.integer >= GT_FFA && g_gametype.integer < GT_MAX_GAME_TYPE ) {
         gametypeName = gametypeNames[g_gametype.integer];

s = strstr( value, gametypeName );
         if( !s ) {
            G_FreeEntity( ent );
            return;
         }
      }
   }

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-29-2005 04:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I actually found a much simpler way to implement Reverse CTF, by leaving everything where it is, and then having a cvar (or even a flag of a cvar) just making players spawn on the other team's spawn points. For a slight cost of it looking a bit wrong, you get all of the game play and none of the horrible side effects of trying to create a new game type

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 08-29-2005 04:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no id like it the way i want it.

- Still spawn in your base.
    - Take your flag to their base.
    - "ctf" marked entities spawn.

what side affects anyway? anything >= GT_TEAM is a team game.

this isnt just a mod this would be an engine enhancement for q3 and ta. actually, reverse ctf is TA only.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.