Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        Put cool ideas here

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Put cool ideas here

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 09-01-2005 05:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe someone will take them and see what can be done with 'em.

When a player dies and their weapon falls out, it would be nice if another player could shoot that weapon. So maybe if someone with only the MG saw a RG setting closer to another person than him, he could shoot it over the ledge so the other one want get it.

Like so:

Code:
if(weapon = released)
{
        letplayershootaround;
}

:icon30:

Next:

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 09-02-2005 11:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nice idea :icon14:, i may not be able to code, but as a gamer i will have a think for any cool ideas ;) :lub:

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 09-02-2005 02:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.quake3world.com/forum/viewto ... 158#200158

"For you that have played Painkiller knows about people can fly gametype were all u have is the rocket launcher and u can only frag someone while they are in the air... so we are talking midair instagib rockets... its very fun.

Anyone know if there is a similar mod for Q3A?
Rockets instagib... or anyone know of a script that makes this"

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 09-04-2005 01:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

port q3 to full C++ instead of ansi-c.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-04-2005 08:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

reefsurfer wrote:
http://www.quake3world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=200158#200158

"For you that have played Painkiller knows about people can fly gametype were all u have is the rocket launcher and u can only frag someone while they are in the air... so we are talking midair instagib rockets... its very fun.

Anyone know if there is a similar mod for Q3A?
Rockets instagib... or anyone know of a script that makes this"

instagib, but change the setting to rockets :icon26:

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 09-08-2005 09:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ensiform wrote:
port q3 to full C++ instead of ansi-c.

Its a big job... it took me a whole day just to make it compile in C++ mode thanks to all the implicit type conversions :)

Theres definately bits of Q3 that would benefit from inheritance + polymorphism though (look at surfaceType_t for a good example).

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 09-08-2005 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

its definately doable i mean i got jedi academy to read c++ (curl and thread libraries) and thats just a mod.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 09-08-2005 03:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh I know its possible - like I said, it took a day to get it compiling (engine, botlib, and renderer) in C++ mode, and running exactly as per an unmodified version. There were about 2000 "errors" to fix, IIRC.

Going through replacing all the vec3_t's float*'s etc with a vector class takes a while too.

Right now its got some classes in it, although this evening I've broken things quite majorly by making a big change - it'll be working again soonish though :)

(note that I'm a LONG way from a fully C++'d q3).

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.