Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Why Quake 4 rocks so hard

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 05:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 05:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The channel is kinda lame everyone is idling.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 06:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Zombie13 wrote:
[lvlshot][/lvlshot]

The DVD on the right says "Bonus DVD." So it comes with 2 DVDs? That's a lot of data...

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 06:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The bonus DVD has all the Q2 stuff doesn't it?

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 06:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Duhard wrote:
omfg over 400 people @ #quake4 on irc.enterthegame.com..where the big boys play homos..none of that quakenet gayness

There are a lot of noobs who think they know what they're talking about too. lol

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 07:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R00k wrote:
The bonus DVD has all the Q2 stuff doesn't it?

The SE comes with Q2 and both mission packs, along with some "making of Quake 4" crap. But I mean, Doom 3 came on 3 CDs = ~2250MB max. 1 DVD = 4700MB max. And they had to use a second? :icon28:

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 07:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R00k wrote:
There are a lot of noobs who think they know what they're talking about too. lol

agreed and some ppl just say it like it is.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We should all thank Duhard for getting a front-page story at esreality and getting this thread to 20,000 views. GG

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:
We should all thank Duhard for getting a front-page story at esreality and getting this thread to 20,000 views. GG

Weird, as the story doesn't link back to Q3W, apart from mentioning the site.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Theres a link on page 1 of the comments I think.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This thread has 20,000+ views. Well done, Duhard.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last edited by dzjepp on 10-17-2005 11:03 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp, you really HAD to link the thumbnail eh? :(

edit:

good boy :p

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 12:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well i just picked up my copy but yeah as u can see ive got this problem!!!

[lvlshot]http://users.bigpond.net.au/Taz/shot00005.jpg[/lvlshot]

Any idea's? im running a 9200 radeon (shit i know) and ive updated to 5.10 drivers and i tryed 5.9's but no help... :confused:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 01:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

type cg_greenlight 0 in the console

either that or sv_disablepokerhat 1

Last edited by MKJ on 10-18-2005 01:13 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 01:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:

Fuck me that looks bad... Full bright, low detail space maps... Why did they bother remaking such a spam fest anyway?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 01:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
dzjepp wrote:

Fuck me that looks bad... Full bright, low detail space maps... Why did they bother remaking such a spam fest anyway?

ahhh c'mon now, q3dm17 was pretty good fun.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 01:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
o'dium wrote:
dzjepp wrote:

It was good, but playing with harder bots spoil it. "Oh, i got the railgun, oh, i cant MISS!".

Just seems like such a daft choice for a PPL engine, you know. The thing with PPL is that you need to limit a bit more whats drawn at any one time, but here, with have the ENTIRE level visible at any one point, making it slow AND heavy on network traffic.

So i can see this level being a laggy piece of railgun infested ass tbh. Would much rather of seen one of the other 97 retarded space maps :(

Of course this is what i would of liked, theres nothing stopping me making my own later.

EDIT: Oh, and design wise, i dont think you could ever beat the DC version of dm17 anyways. That blue sky box and lighting was the BEST. Now that would of made this map interesting, because you would have the light casting from the nebula, casting some wicked shadows... None of this full bright lark :p

Last edited by o'dium on 10-18-2005 01:28 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 01:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Acidpony wrote:

Any idea's? im running a 9200 radeon (shit i know) and ive updated to 5.10 drivers and i tryed 5.9's but no help... :confused:

My lord! ATI drivers giving somebody problems...?

What is the world coming to!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 01:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Eraser wrote:
o'dium wrote:
dzjepp wrote:

It was good, but playing with harder bots spoil it. "Oh, i got the railgun, oh, i cant MISS!".

Just seems like such a daft choice for a PPL engine, you know. The thing with PPL is that you need to limit a bit more whats drawn at any one time, but here, with have the ENTIRE level visible at any one point, making it slow AND heavy on network traffic.

So i can see this level being a laggy piece of railgun infested ass tbh. Would much rather of seen one of the other 97 retarded space maps :(

Of course this is what i would of liked, theres nothing stopping me making my own later.

Might sound kind of fanboyesque when I say this, but I'm sure that if it's all that bad they wouldn't have included it with the game :shrug:

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 01:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
o'dium wrote:
Eraser wrote:
o'dium wrote:
dzjepp wrote:

Might sound kind of fanboyesque when I say this, but I'm sure that if it's all that bad they wouldn't have included it with the game :shrug:

What, like, erm, The very end of you, which deserved an update...?

The trouble is, devs get attached to things when they make them. They probably LOVED that map, even though most cant stand them. I'm the same, i did something a while back, everybody hated it, but i loved it. I went back and changed it though because it wasn't for me :p

It just seems a tad odd that the most played map in the history of Quake 3, q3dm6, doesn't even get a sniffle of a remake...? Nobody find that odd? Or do id/raven really not pay attention these days?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 01:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oooh, instant tournament play
[lvlshot]http://www.dailyrush.dk/associated/feature/1002/ss69.jpg[/lvlshot]
(click it if pic doesn't show)

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 01:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Saw that pic yesterday, was impressed. Its a simple touch but its a VERY good idea. It means you can set up a proper tourney now instead of keeping track in our head :D

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 01:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
What, like, erm, The very end of you, which deserved an update...?

The trouble is, devs get attached to things when they make them. They probably LOVED that map, even though most cant stand them. I'm the same, i did something a while back, everybody hated it, but i loved it. I went back and changed it though because it wasn't for me :p

It just seems a tad odd that the most played map in the history of Quake 3, q3dm6, doesn't even get a sniffle of a remake...? Nobody find that odd? Or do id/raven really not pay attention these days?

Yeah The very end of you seems a bit of a shitty choice compared to DM6 :(

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 01:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:

when i first played q3dm17 it was laggy as fuck.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 02:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

intergrated tournament play is dead sexy

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 02:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Fucking awsome for us dual players! :icon31:

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 04:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Acidpony wrote:

Damn a 9200? It's not supported, the 9600 is not even supported. But I'm sure it will still play.

It's probally some console command or something, but how are the fps anyway?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 04:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

reefsurfer wrote:
Eraser wrote:

Fucking awsome for us dual players! :icon31:

guess we have a date then :icon34:

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 05:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shiznit wrote:
Acidpony wrote:

Damn a 9200? It's not supported, the 9600 is not even supported. But I'm sure it will still play.

It's probally some console command or something, but how are the fps anyway?

im running minimum spec comp and they are pritty good, had a 3 player edge match going, i was the host and it ran with only minor drops when i was running around with plasma's and rockets everywhere. its playable but not completely enjoyable!

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 05:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I see, did u try g_greenlight 0 or sv_disablepokerhat 1, like MKJ said.

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 11:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Weird, as the story doesn't link back to Q3W, apart from mentioning the site.

I mentioned the site on the front page, posted a link to the Zombie thread and I also linked DooMer's guide..what do you want more from me, think I should wear a quake3world.com shirt with black socks and go dance in the the streets yelling "linkage"?

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 11:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

That's fucking awesome.

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 11:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:

I knew it would bring some traffic in here but christ, look what I've unleashed!

Time to bring down the hammer and smash some faces, homos.

oh yeah!
oh yeah!
PostPosted: 10-18-2005 12:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had also linked to the thread on SA. That probably added to the visitor count.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.