Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Why Quake 4 rocks so hard

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does people have the game, or are they just pimping screens they find? (towards Rook and o'dium)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That would be cool as fuck Foo
Yes alternate models, like id did with the lg and rockets thing in quake 3

cg_oldrail 0 and all that (not known if its correct)

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I dont think so... If id wouldn't do that, why would a third party raven do it...?

Yo ucan bet your ass virginity that we will see shit loads of "quake 3/2/1" model replacements popping up though.

Plus, an this is the part i'm looking forward too... Classic Quake levels ported to it with new bells/whistles. DM6 and DM13 are a must.

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The only person I know who has the game is zombie. I think it's possible a couple other people have gotten it the same way, but I haven't heard of anyone else.

I am leaving for lunch right now though, and going by EB Games to see if I can convince them that they need to sell me a copy. :icon32:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fjoggs wrote:
Does people have the game, or are they just pimping screens they find? (towards Rook and o'dium)

pimping

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
That would be cool as fuck Foo
Yes alternate models, like id did with the lg and rockets thing in quake 3

cg_oldrail 0 and all that (not known if its correct)

That would be effects sir, you worthless piece of toad vomit ;)

And that would be easy to do, seeing as the strogg railgun effect is already there ;) You could easily do it yourself, but alas, pure server would kick you in the sack.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R00k wrote:
The only person I know who has the game is zombie. I think it's possible a couple other people have gotten it the same way, but I haven't heard of anyone else.

I am leaving for lunch right now though, and going by EB Games to see if I can convince them that they need to sell me a copy. :icon32:

GL man :D

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whoha, quake3world has returned to it's immense activity!

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fjoggs wrote:
Whoha, quake3world has returned to it's immense activity!

I've been pimping q3w at esreality..feels like 1999 again.

you can thank me later..

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll thank you now.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rgoer wrote:
There is some MP footage (well, not so much "proper" mp footage as it is "one dude running around a couple of maps recording a demo"--but they are maps we haven't shown to the public before, so it's something new to see) available here:

http://forum.ingame.de/quake/showthread.php?s=&threadid=187229

Links to vids:

http://bad.qgl.org/video/eoc.bad_q4ctf.avi

http://bad.qgl.org/video/eoc.bad_q2dm1_run.avi

If anybody can mirror these, it would be appreciated--I'm sure the intarweb will find out about these and this guy's server will melt by lunchtime.

Nice video and so small :p
Added the download here

Cheers

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fjoggs wrote:
I'll thank you now.

1v1 in my bedroom tonight?

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

zombie, i noticed it said strogg vs marine.. what does the strogg model look like?
Also, could u post some screeneis of the different available models to choose from..and maybe the different option screens.

thx.

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

kewldog wrote:
Nice video and so small :p
Added the download here

Cheers

Awesome!

Thanks for the linkage.

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Duhard wrote:
Fjoggs wrote:

Dont you DARE cheat on me!!! :icon33:

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Duhard wrote:
Fjoggs wrote:
I'll thank you now.

anytime hun<3

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As much as I'd love to post screenshots of new stuff I'm going to hold out until the game is released and so you guys can check it out for yourselves, feels like I've spoilt you too much already! :D

Z

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for giving us a first look at q4 retail :icon14:

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I prefere this strogg logo to the Q4 one, its the one made for Q2E :shrug:

Would make a nice icon :shrug:

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

but pls make a benchmarks :( like i posted before

1024 + high (no fsaa, no anizo, no soft shadows)
and
800x600 + low/off

thats the last thing we're asking for :D

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

-mess- wrote:

and
800x600 + low/off

Soft shadows? lol, didn't play much doom 3 did you...

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

reefsurfer wrote:
zombie, i noticed it said strogg vs marine.. what does the strogg model look like?
Also, could u post some screeneis of the different available models to choose from..and maybe the different option screens.

thx.

Zombie13 wrote:
As much as I'd love to post screenshots of new stuff I'm going to hold out until the game is released and so you guys can check it out for yourselves, feels like I've spoilt you too much already! :D

Z

You wont spoil much there..we already seen it in the videos, but it flashes by so quickly..would be nice to see it a tad longer than 5 secs.
3-4 different models wouldent hurt..right?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hes to busy playing.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dang, I'm about to die to see a screenshot of Q3DM17 on quake 4.

the watching eye
the watching eye
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Some things that surprised me are the orange vs green layout in CTF instead of red vs blue

yeah that surprised me too. I do think it's a nice change, but I can't help but wonder how color blind people are going to cope with it, since they can't differentiate between orange (red) and green.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Great screenshots and vid clips, thanks zombie and rgoer.
I have only one real observation to make and that is the sound of the footsteps and the machine gun, and probably anything else in the game that has a consecutive repeating sound. The speed of each footstep is faster than in Q3 when running, but they actually sound like a loop ( which is of course what it is). The sound in Q3 is more natural and doesn't really sound like a computer generated loop, even though it is. The machine gun's sound as it repeats also makes the loop obvious as opposed to Q3. Anyone know what I mean? No biggie, just a bit annoying once I started hearing it. I also think bringing the gamma up, ( if it's possible ingame) will be a huge benefit for competitive playing. And yes, there is a lot of brown! Looking awesome though.

the watching eye
the watching eye
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The edge really looks superb. Although the mp maps don't have a whole lot of detail in them, they do seem to have just that right atmosphere that I find so lacking in games like UT2004. Damn, I can't wait to install the game and hop on a server to score my very first Quake 4 frag :icon17:

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 12:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CAINE wrote:
Dang, I'm about to die to see a screenshot of Q3DM17 on quake 4.

17.. pfft.

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 12:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
R00k wrote:

GL man :D

They don't even have it in stock yet. :tear:

He said they were still expecting two more shipments today, so hopefully one of them is Q4. He's going to call me if it comes in today, and said I could come by and pick it up tonight. :icon32:

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 12:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
-mess- wrote:

and
800x600 + low/off

Soft shadows? lol, didn't play much doom 3 did you...

they had enough time to add this option, dunno if they did it. i just asked for it "in case" ;-)

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 12:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, its not as easy as you think. Soft shadows ARE possible, but it will destory your PC. RIddick has them, and it kills your frame rate. FEAR has them, but its not truely PPL. And Half Life 2 has them, but thats just on models.

So to have soft per pixel shadows like Riddick, expect to not have a frame rate.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 12:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Woah I go to sleep and this thread explodes... people still having stiffies about Quake I see <3

Hey d00d, got any shots of DM17?

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 12:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

d00d ey0 :drool:

btw 6800 or 6600gt ? :p

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 12:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
No, its not as easy as you think. Soft shadows ARE possible, but it will destory your PC. RIddick has them, and it kills your frame rate. FEAR has them, but its not truely PPL. And Half Life 2 has them, but thats just on models.

So to have soft per pixel shadows like Riddick, expect to not have a frame rate.

riddick works pretty ok on my pc. but ss reduces performance a lot, thats true, still playable tho

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 01:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

-mess- wrote:
o'dium wrote:

riddick works pretty ok on my pc. but ss reduces performance a lot, thats true, still playable tho

Riddick is smooth as silk on mine, too. But enable shader 2.0++ and it will destory it.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.