Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Why Quake 4 rocks so hard


Post new topicReply to topic
Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC




Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
Joined: 02 May 2002
Posts: 5215
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Does people have the game, or are they just pimping screens they find? (towards Rook and o'dium)




Top
                 

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 51378
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


That would be cool as fuck Foo
Yes alternate models, like id did with the lg and rockets thing in quake 3

cg_oldrail 0 and all that (not known if its correct)



_________________
Where were you when the West was defeated?
Image


Top
                 

Eh?
Eh?
Joined: 25 Mar 2001
Posts: 32049
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I dont think so... If id wouldn't do that, why would a third party raven do it...?

Yo ucan bet your ass virginity that we will see shit loads of "quake 3/2/1" model replacements popping up though.

Plus, an this is the part i'm looking forward too... Classic Quake levels ported to it with new bells/whistles. DM6 and DM13 are a must.




Top
                 

straight at you
straight at you
Joined: 18 Dec 2000
Posts: 27931
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


The only person I know who has the game is zombie. I think it's possible a couple other people have gotten it the same way, but I haven't heard of anyone else.

I am leaving for lunch right now though, and going by EB Games to see if I can convince them that they need to sell me a copy. :icon32:




Top
                 

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 51378
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Fjoggs wrote:
Does people have the game, or are they just pimping screens they find? (towards Rook and o'dium)


pimping



_________________
Where were you when the West was defeated?
Image


Top
                 

Eh?
Eh?
Joined: 25 Mar 2001
Posts: 32049
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Don Carlos wrote:
That would be cool as fuck Foo
Yes alternate models, like id did with the lg and rockets thing in quake 3

cg_oldrail 0 and all that (not known if its correct)


That would be effects sir, you worthless piece of toad vomit ;)

And that would be easy to do, seeing as the strogg railgun effect is already there ;) You could easily do it yourself, but alas, pure server would kick you in the sack.




Top
                 

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 51378
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


R00k wrote:
The only person I know who has the game is zombie. I think it's possible a couple other people have gotten it the same way, but I haven't heard of anyone else.

I am leaving for lunch right now though, and going by EB Games to see if I can convince them that they need to sell me a copy. :icon32:


GL man :D



_________________
Where were you when the West was defeated?
Image


Top
                 

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
Joined: 02 May 2002
Posts: 5215
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Whoha, quake3world has returned to it's immense activity!




Top
                 

freakzilla
freakzilla
Joined: 11 Dec 1999
Posts: 43185
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Fjoggs wrote:
Whoha, quake3world has returned to it's immense activity!


I've been pimping q3w at esreality..feels like 1999 again.

you can thank me later..




Top
                 

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
Joined: 02 May 2002
Posts: 5215
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I'll thank you now.




Top
                 

Recruit
Recruit
Joined: 17 Oct 2005
Posts: 1
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


rgoer wrote:
There is some MP footage (well, not so much "proper" mp footage as it is "one dude running around a couple of maps recording a demo"--but they are maps we haven't shown to the public before, so it's something new to see) available here:

http://forum.ingame.de/quake/showthread.php?s=&threadid=187229

Links to vids:

http://bad.qgl.org/video/eoc.bad_q4ctf.avi

http://bad.qgl.org/video/eoc.bad_q2dm1_run.avi

If anybody can mirror these, it would be appreciated--I'm sure the intarweb will find out about these and this guy's server will melt by lunchtime.

Nice video and so small :p
Added the download here

Cheers




Top
                 

freakzilla
freakzilla
Joined: 11 Dec 1999
Posts: 43185
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Fjoggs wrote:
I'll thank you now.


1v1 in my bedroom tonight?




Top
                 

rejected
rejected
Joined: 08 Mar 2003
Posts: 6782
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


zombie, i noticed it said strogg vs marine.. what does the strogg model look like?
Also, could u post some screeneis of the different available models to choose from..and maybe the different option screens.

thx.




Top
                 

freakzilla
freakzilla
Joined: 11 Dec 1999
Posts: 43185
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


kewldog wrote:
Nice video and so small :p
Added the download here

Cheers


Awesome!

Thanks for the linkage.




Top
                 

rejected
rejected
Joined: 08 Mar 2003
Posts: 6782
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Duhard wrote:
Fjoggs wrote:


1v1 in my bedroom tonight?


Dont you DARE cheat on me!!! :icon33:




Top
                 

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
Joined: 02 May 2002
Posts: 5215
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Duhard wrote:
Fjoggs wrote:
I'll thank you now.


1v1 in my bedroom tonight?


anytime hun<3




Top
                 

Warrior
Warrior
Joined: 26 Feb 2005
Posts: 82
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 10:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


As much as I'd love to post screenshots of new stuff I'm going to hold out until the game is released and so you guys can check it out for yourselves, feels like I've spoilt you too much already! :D

Z




Top
                 

freakzilla
freakzilla
Joined: 11 Dec 1999
Posts: 43185
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Thanks for giving us a first look at q4 retail :icon14:




Top
                 

Eh?
Eh?
Joined: 25 Mar 2001
Posts: 32049
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


I prefere this strogg logo to the Q4 one, its the one made for Q2E :shrug:

Image

Would make a nice icon :shrug:

Image




Top
                 

Recruit
Recruit
Joined: 17 Oct 2005
Posts: 6
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


but pls make a benchmarks :( like i posted before

1024 + high (no fsaa, no anizo, no soft shadows)
and
800x600 + low/off

thats the last thing we're asking for :D




Top
                 

Eh?
Eh?
Joined: 25 Mar 2001
Posts: 32049
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


-mess- wrote:
but pls make a benchmarks :( like i posted before

1024 + high (no fsaa, no anizo, no soft shadows)
and
800x600 + low/off

thats the last thing we're asking for :D


Soft shadows? lol, didn't play much doom 3 did you...




Top
                 

rejected
rejected
Joined: 08 Mar 2003
Posts: 6782
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


reefsurfer wrote:
zombie, i noticed it said strogg vs marine.. what does the strogg model look like?
Also, could u post some screeneis of the different available models to choose from..and maybe the different option screens.

thx.


Zombie13 wrote:
As much as I'd love to post screenshots of new stuff I'm going to hold out until the game is released and so you guys can check it out for yourselves, feels like I've spoilt you too much already! :D

Z


You wont spoil much there..we already seen it in the videos, but it flashes by so quickly..would be nice to see it a tad longer than 5 secs.
3-4 different models wouldent hurt..right?




Top
                 

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
Joined: 10 Dec 1999
Posts: 12130
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


hes to busy playing.




Top
                 

Recruit
Recruit
Joined: 18 Aug 2005
Posts: 9
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Dang, I'm about to die to see a screenshot of Q3DM17 on quake 4.




Top
                 

the watching eye
the watching eye
Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Posts: 700
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Eraser wrote:
Some things that surprised me are the orange vs green layout in CTF instead of red vs blue


yeah that surprised me too. I do think it's a nice change, but I can't help but wonder how color blind people are going to cope with it, since they can't differentiate between orange (red) and green.




Top
                 

I nose it!
I nose it!
Joined: 28 Oct 2002
Posts: 17184
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Great screenshots and vid clips, thanks zombie and rgoer.
I have only one real observation to make and that is the sound of the footsteps and the machine gun, and probably anything else in the game that has a consecutive repeating sound. The speed of each footstep is faster than in Q3 when running, but they actually sound like a loop ( which is of course what it is). The sound in Q3 is more natural and doesn't really sound like a computer generated loop, even though it is. The machine gun's sound as it repeats also makes the loop obvious as opposed to Q3. Anyone know what I mean? No biggie, just a bit annoying once I started hearing it. I also think bringing the gamma up, ( if it's possible ingame) will be a huge benefit for competitive playing. And yes, there is a lot of brown! Looking awesome though.




Top
                 

the watching eye
the watching eye
Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Posts: 700
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 11:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


The edge really looks superb. Although the mp maps don't have a whole lot of detail in them, they do seem to have just that right atmosphere that I find so lacking in games like UT2004. Damn, I can't wait to install the game and hop on a server to score my very first Quake 4 frag :icon17:




Top
                 

social engineer
social engineer
Joined: 13 Oct 2001
Posts: 30226
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 12:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


CAINE wrote:
Dang, I'm about to die to see a screenshot of Q3DM17 on quake 4.


17.. pfft.




Top
                 

straight at you
straight at you
Joined: 18 Dec 2000
Posts: 27931
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 12:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Don Carlos wrote:
R00k wrote:
The only person I know who has the game is zombie. I think it's possible a couple other people have gotten it the same way, but I haven't heard of anyone else.

I am leaving for lunch right now though, and going by EB Games to see if I can convince them that they need to sell me a copy. :icon32:


GL man :D


They don't even have it in stock yet. :tear:

He said they were still expecting two more shipments today, so hopefully one of them is Q4. He's going to call me if it comes in today, and said I could come by and pick it up tonight. :icon32:




Top
                 

Recruit
Recruit
Joined: 17 Oct 2005
Posts: 6
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 12:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


o'dium wrote:
-mess- wrote:
but pls make a benchmarks :( like i posted before

1024 + high (no fsaa, no anizo, no soft shadows)
and
800x600 + low/off

thats the last thing we're asking for :D


Soft shadows? lol, didn't play much doom 3 did you...


they had enough time to add this option, dunno if they did it. i just asked for it "in case" ;-)




Top
                 

Eh?
Eh?
Joined: 25 Mar 2001
Posts: 32049
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 12:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


No, its not as easy as you think. Soft shadows ARE possible, but it will destory your PC. RIddick has them, and it kills your frame rate. FEAR has them, but its not truely PPL. And Half Life 2 has them, but thats just on models.

So to have soft per pixel shadows like Riddick, expect to not have a frame rate.




Top
                 

It felt good...
It felt good...
Joined: 28 Mar 2001
Posts: 9558
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 12:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


Woah I go to sleep and this thread explodes... people still having stiffies about Quake I see <3

Hey d00d, got any shots of DM17?




Top
                 

Grunt
Grunt
Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Posts: 72
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 12:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


d00d ey0 :drool:

btw 6800 or 6600gt ? :p




Top
                 

Recruit
Recruit
Joined: 17 Oct 2005
Posts: 6
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 12:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


o'dium wrote:
No, its not as easy as you think. Soft shadows ARE possible, but it will destory your PC. RIddick has them, and it kills your frame rate. FEAR has them, but its not truely PPL. And Half Life 2 has them, but thats just on models.

So to have soft per pixel shadows like Riddick, expect to not have a frame rate.


riddick works pretty ok on my pc. but ss reduces performance a lot, thats true, still playable tho




Top
                 

Eh?
Eh?
Joined: 25 Mar 2001
Posts: 32049
PostPosted: 10-17-2005 01:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote


-mess- wrote:
o'dium wrote:
No, its not as easy as you think. Soft shadows ARE possible, but it will destory your PC. RIddick has them, and it kills your frame rate. FEAR has them, but its not truely PPL. And Half Life 2 has them, but thats just on models.

So to have soft per pixel shadows like Riddick, expect to not have a frame rate.


riddick works pretty ok on my pc. but ss reduces performance a lot, thats true, still playable tho


Riddick is smooth as silk on mine, too. But enable shader 2.0++ and it will destory it.




Top
                 
Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion


Post new topic Reply to topic


cron
Quake3World.com
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group