Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        APA Strafe Maps

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: APA Strafe Maps

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-07-2005 02:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've had something missing from my movement. Something was lost in the switch from q3, so I decided to test it out and see. Low and behold I'm NOT strafing properly. Just thought I'd throw out there that the maps at http://www.Morrowmedia.net/apa are a great way to work on your strafes if you are also having trouble.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-07-2005 03:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If I hear "Humiliation" one more time I'm gonna scream. I think I'll edit that sound out. The map doesn't really tell me much though. OK, it shows that I don't know what to do, but it doesn't help at all as it doesn't provide any examples of what I should be able to do. A demo of a decent strafer hopping along the platforms would be useful, and an explanation of what he's doing.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 11-07-2005 03:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ive actually been using another map for practice. imo i like it better than the apa one, it makes me focus more on my timing and mouse flick cuz it has more narrow platforms. found it at q4euro, direct link is here

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-07-2005 04:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@ Rico:
I agree, the humiliation thing gets stupid. There are videos on the website of the guy making the runs across the platforms, so you can kind of get an idea of what he's doing.

@ Oxy:
Thanks mang, I'll check it out.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-07-2005 05:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't find the second map :/

I made a few short demos of the first map: http://www.overdrivepc.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16265

More then half of the technique is in getting the correct strafe angles (mouse movement), it's possible to change "timescale" in the console (default is 1) to see in slow motion.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-08-2005 01:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ground_Zero wrote:
@ Rico:
I agree, the humiliation thing gets stupid. There are videos on the website of the guy making the runs across the platforms, so you can kind of get an idea of what he's doing.

Ah, I didn't notice that, thanks. All I could see was the "Download" button, and didn't even think to try scrolling the page down. :wall: =)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-10-2005 06:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Actually, theres no download to the second map, just a demo.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.