Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        q4replay - Demo Player **0.4.1**

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: q4replay - Demo Player **0.4.1**

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-03-2006 07:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

q4replay is a Quake4 demo player that I have programmed myself and wanted to extend its use to the general public. If your tired of manually typing in commands in the console to playback demos or renaming demos with rediculous long names, then this is the solution you've been waiting for.

Download:: http://web.syr.edu/~dmriti/q4replay/q4replay-0.4.1-setup.exe
ScreenShot:: http://web.syr.edu/~dmriti/q4replay/q4replay.jpg

Version 0.4.1 is out. NOTE: If you had any problems with q4replay, just re-download the file, it has been hotfixed!

Enjoy.

Last edited by funktion on 01-23-2006 02:53 PM, edited 5 times in total.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-03-2006 07:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks nice and simple, to bad the windows update just fucked up on me. :icon26:

EDIT: Nice little app. Ran my q4max demos nice. Funny, this and seismovision can handle it, but I cant for the life of me get demos to run with just q4. :icon25:

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-14-2006 11:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Version 0.3 released

- Switched over to the Python platform for the project. Allows freedom (free as in beer) from the .NET framework which seemed to plague many users.
- User Interface updated.
- Added a status bar to let the user know what is going on instead of pop-up messageboxs.
- Removed the "Locate Q4 directory" dialog for first time use.
- Added Playback controls option to the settings, which allows users to Pause, Resume, Slow Down, and Speed up demos while viewing them. (See Playback Controls section for more details)
- Cleaned up alot of code to make the program more efficient.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-15-2006 04:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Excellent work, mines not working though.

Is it possible to rename demos without starting Quake?

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 01-15-2006 04:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:

Post a pic, I wanna see what you got, girl..

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-15-2006 06:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1 minute response, poor sex starved quakers... :icon26:

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 01-16-2006 10:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

From now on, I will be stalking Jenny, my brand new intercrush.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 01-16-2006 12:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does recording the demo slow down your computer like it does in Doom 3?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-16-2006 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not very much if at all on my system, the fps seem to be pretty consistant anyway 60 all the time, unless openal is on... :dork:

p4 3gig, 1gig of ram, 6600GT, audigy 2.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-16-2006 05:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:

You mean rename the a q4 demo file name?

ex: funktion_duel.netdemo -> funktion_sucks.netdemo ?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-23-2006 07:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Version 0.4.1 released

- q4replay now automatically detects your Quake4 directory, no more locating it yourself.
- Added a feature to allow users to double click on .NETDEMO files and q4replay will automatically load the .NETDEMO (works with .NETDEMOS in .ZIP/.RAR files)
- Added a feature (PK4 Check) to allow users to check if they have the necessary files to view a demo and lists the files.
- Added a feature (.cfg Extract 'Thanks to Stas "Unreal" Starkov <stas_@mail.rb.ru>') which allows users to view all the players/server configurations from a netdemo.
- Added a custom mod input to the 'Mod Selection'. Users can now load demos in a mod of their choice.
- Added a feature so if a user loads a q4max/battle .NETDEMO, q4replay will automatically recognize it and select the proper mod automatically.
- Added a program installer (NSIS) so you don't have to unzip q4replay or create shortcuts. The installer makes life easier.
- Updated the User Interface to be a little more roomy and fixed some display bugs.
- Fixed a bug where a user didn't have "Your-Quake4-install/q4base/demos" directory, thus preventing demo views.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 01-23-2006 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is looking pretty sweet now.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-23-2006 08:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

won't play demos. black dos window flashes up then disappears to fast too read.

edit: plays demos with double-click, though rename and playback don't seem to work.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-24-2006 10:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If your getting a dos screen flash, i'm gonna bet you have your Q4 install on a drive not named C: thus the bat file isn't able to locate the proper directory.

This issue is being taken care of and is being hotfixed at this moment.

**UPDATE: Issues have been HOTFIXED.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 01-24-2006 11:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just wanted to say nice job on this. It seems to be pretty solid and user-friendly at this point. :icon14:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.