Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        q4base Dedicated Server Crash:

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: q4base Dedicated Server Crash:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-24-2006 01:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Frankly, I'm expecting to simply wait this one out till PR 1.3, but:

Anybody seen this before:

-- idRenderModelManagerLocal::EndLevelLoad --
17 models purged from previous level, 229 models kept.
---------------------------------------------
506 msec to load mp/q4dm3
WARNING: idSoundSystemLocal::SetMute: not paused
------------ Game Map Shutdown --------------
client 0 Server has shut down.
Server has shut down.
client 1 Server has shut down.
Server has shut down.
client 2 Server has shut down.
Server has shut down.
client 3 Server has shut down.
Server has shut down.
------------ Game Map Shutdown --------------
ERROR: idPVS::FreeCurrentPVS: invalid handle
PunkBuster Server: Lost Connection (slot #1) [PlayerIP] : [PlayerGUID] (-) LifeShye
PunkBuster Server: Lost Connection (slot #2) [PlayerIP]:[PlayerGUID](-) shaD^7
PunkBuster Server: Lost Connection (slot #3) [PlayerIP]:[PlayerGUID](-) Mrpsychology
PunkBuster Server: Lost Connection (slot #4) [PlayerIP]:[PlayerGUID](-) sLeeK-
WARNING: idSession: triggering mainmenu watchdog
PunkBuster Server: Master Query Sent to (MASTER8.EVENBALANCE.COM) 66.180.170.20
PunkBuster Server: Received Master Security Information
(PB updates continue until log ends, but the server is clearly NOT running.)

Last edited by GODLIKE on 07-25-2006 05:09 PM, edited 1 time in total.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-24-2006 02:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Glah... But at least it's not just mine... I'll just schedule some tasks to kill the server and restart it periodically..

taskkill /f /im quake4ded.exe oughta work okay. :icon26:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-24-2006 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lo, PR 1.3 cometh.. Let us not be bitter. :icon31:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-24-2006 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A known PunkBuster issue. :paranoid:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-24-2006 03:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:

This was a nice little treat introduced with the 1.1 pr (well that is to say i only really noticed it after the pr - it could be that before the servers were so flakey this one went unheeded)
I can minimise its occurance if i reboot the servers daily - but even then i see the error cropping up maybe once a week. Annoyingly the server doesn't shut down fully, so process restarting doesn't help
As this is the only thing that does seem to bring things grinding to a halt, i have come to live with it - but hopefully the 1.3 pr will fix it

I've been unable to isolate the cause, but afaik the others are aware and have been looking at it ...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-24-2006 04:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

iluvquake4 wrote:
A known PunkBuster issue. :paranoid:

Can you source that? Everything I've seen seems to point to it being a baseq4 issue..

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-24-2006 05:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nope. Just another admin I've talked with has the same issues, people just disconnect via PB.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-24-2006 07:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah, nevermind, the PB bug is a different story. Sorry.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-24-2006 07:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this error is mentioned in the q4max changelog for their latest release - you running q4max? (although it appears to be a vq4 issue)
http://www.q4max.com/wiki/index.php/Changelog

Kleeks posted about it at the q4max forums. http://www.q4max.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 3c2a9f04a0

I haven't seen the error on my servers since the 1.2.1 ded linux release.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-25-2006 08:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hex wrote:
I haven't seen the error on my servers since the 1.2.1 ded linux release.

Now that is interesting - only our ctf and mod servers run on linux, and although i have seen this error therin, its certainly a lot less frequent.
In the main the error crops up on our baseq4 dm servers (win) - although its worth noting here that these servers are busy most of the time, I had put it down to busier servers producing the error more frequently.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-25-2006 05:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can support the "busy" notion.. My server seems to only do this when it's full... I've had 2-3 players on it for ages with no crash, but if the maploop rotates often enough with a full player loadout.. That's when I tend to see the error.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 07-27-2006 04:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Q4 servers just don't stay up :S

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-08-2006 06:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OK, I'm coming back around to support also the 'busy' notion. After the 1.3 patch this ded linux server has been 'busier' and I'm also seeing these crashes frequently.

bah.

(haven't installed the 1.32 yet...)

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 08-08-2006 06:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's a 1.32? or are you being witty? :confused:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-08-2006 06:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:) Thats what I thought when I first saw it. But it appears to be for real.

1.3-2 for linux only, not for win. Not sure what the reasoning was. (downloading now)

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 08-09-2006 11:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1.3 works nice on linux...
no prob.s for now...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 08-09-2006 01:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hex wrote:
OK, I'm coming back around to support also the 'busy' notion. After the 1.3 patch this ded linux server has been 'busier' and I'm also seeing these crashes frequently.

bah.

(haven't installed the 1.32 yet...)

I've not seen this error until today under 1.3 - although it is the first day i have let the servers run overnight without a reboot.

was hoping it was fixed, but alas :icon23:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.