Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        1.3 before or after Quakecon?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 1.3 before or after Quakecon?

xchaser
xchaser
PostPosted: 07-24-2006 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it will be after thanks to activison.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-24-2006 02:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I also think it will be after since it will not be used for Quakecon.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-24-2006 11:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

they said it would be used for quakecon... so it will be out before...

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 07-25-2006 04:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Actually, it has been stated by SyncError of id software that the 1.3 patch will not be used at QuakeCon.

Quote:
July 20, 2006

The Quake 4 1.3 Point Release will not be used in the Q4 1v1 tournament at QuakeCon.

Quote:
July 21, 2006

The mod teams have already been given the 1.3 SDK to bring their mods up to date. It might be highly probable that both 1.3 and a 1.3 compatible Q4MAX will be available by at or QuakeCon, but that has nothing to do with the decision to not use it for the tournament.

Historically it is an error in judgement to use a patch that is released mere days before a major money tournament. This case is strengthened with changes that come along with the point release. While all the gamers that I've dealt with who have played and tested 1.3 seem to love the changes, I don't think anyone would want drastic movement and weapon changes to be put in effect literally right before the tournament with people getting a proper chance to practice under the new changes. Not to mention the unfair advantage that certain players who are testing the patch may have if we chose to use it.

I highly look forward to 1.3 being used in future tournaments and would personally love to watch them playing on the big screen with our changes in place... but I suppose I'll just have to wait for the next tournament to come along to get to see that.

Source: [ ESReality ]

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 07-25-2006 11:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"drastic movement and weapon changes" ; )

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.