Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        new player with a couple questions

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: new player with a couple questions

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-09-2007 04:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finally got a computer good enough to run quake4 well :) . I know the game is not exactly the most popular but I am wondering, what the various community forums/sites are and competitive happenings in NA. What mods are generally the most popular? I do have the q4max, and latest patch.

Currently I am idling a few irc networks, though there doesn't seem to be a whole lot going on at Gamesurge and Enterthegame, maybe i'm in the wrong channels though.

Is there still active clan match play of any sort? If so, what websites are they hosted through. Thanks. =)

Fear the Mullet
Fear the Mullet
PostPosted: 12-09-2007 08:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Q4 Multiplayer has really took a dive even after the recent patch. This is about the only active Quake community.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-09-2007 11:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

esreality.com is a good place to start for competitive stuff.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-10-2007 04:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok, sorry to hear that. Well I'll just make the best of it then. Have been playing the last couple nights, and found some crowded servers, its been fun and the game is running so smooth compared to when I tried it on my old setup.

Thanks Mulletman, and telmarine!

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 12-10-2007 09:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

truecarnage.com

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-11-2007 04:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Styrofoam wrote:
truecarnage.com
Bookmarked, thanks! =)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-11-2007 06:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can see why so many people aren't playing this game. I tried to play last night, and joined the ***2k7's Server*** and when someone (Fatboy I think) killed me and themselves, they responded in chat with :O. I typed "laugh", and then got a server ban message :( Is there really enough people playing this game to be kicking people from servers for that offense? I do not even understand how that remotely constitutes an offense :/

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 12-11-2007 09:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not a big mystery. Anonymity combined with lack of consequences unfortunately brings out the hidden douchebag in many seemingly decent people.

This will never cease until someone invents a machine that will allow delivery of an electronic punch to the sack via an internet connection.

And then someone will figure out how to hack that machine, and the internet will become a scary(er) place.

Edit: Yeah, that. VVV :)

Last edited by pjw on 12-12-2007 12:08 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 12-12-2007 10:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 12-12-2007 03:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm surprised. I rarely see people like that on Q4.
The biggest reason not to many people play is probably due to the terrible netcode that existed on patches 1.3 and lower.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 01-04-2008 08:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Styrofoam wrote:
I'm surprised. I rarely see people like that on Q4.
The biggest reason not to many people play is probably due to the terrible netcode that existed on patches 1.3 and lower.

I think its poor gameplay on early patches rather than the netcode.

BTW Nice pic, Misantropia :olo:

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 02-09-2008 11:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's kind of a bummer that noone plays Quake 4.

I actually enjoy the multiplayer aspect of this game :(

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.