Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        After all this time

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: After all this time

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 10-15-2007 02:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I finally sat down last night and played thru the SP. And god how I loved it. Awesome. It felt a bit .unf. in the end, after I was getting a bit tired of my useless comrades trying to break the world record in not surviving. but other then that, it was fucking sweet. The dark matter gun was a total laff when i fired it at a huge crowd.

I remember when I bought it almost the day it came out, I immdietly launched mp and started tricking/fragging. Boy, what I missed. :P

This game has rewon my kudos. gj rgoer, pjw and the rest of you hunks over at raven

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 10-16-2007 05:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks man. :)

Rationalis
Rationalis
PostPosted: 10-19-2007 04:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I too just finished playing through the SP and I enjoyed its fast paced mayhem. My only gripe was that many of the low level stroggoids sounded like Bob Marley groupies jacked on speed. :mad:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 10-20-2007 10:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All I've played is the SP. Several times. :up:

Raven
Raven
PostPosted: 10-26-2007 11:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It is great to hear that you guys enjoyed the SP part of the game. Thanks :)

Ravensoft
Personal Site

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 10-26-2007 09:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Raven wrote:

More than enjoyable. It was great. Incredible even. You, pjw, rgoer, and the rest(gilligan's Isle theme) did a fantastic job and don't slack off for the next project. I have my eye on you guys. :offended:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-27-2007 01:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow, didn't know there were so many big-name industry experts here or I'd be sucking up a lot more in Q4 discussion :D

Honestly, the SP was the reason I got the game. The story never slows down and it keeps you interested. Back when first started playing it, I ended up with 4-hour sessions just because I couldn't bear to stop the action. Q4 bests even Prey in the storyline department and the vehicular aspects were a sweet bonus.

Well done guys, Q4 is top quality IMO. Once I get through my planned upgrade project, I'll fire it up for another go :up:

Scourge wrote:
I have my eye on you guys. :offended:

Just one? :ninja:

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 10-27-2007 02:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Raven wrote:

Doh, of course I forgot the man himself also worked there. :D Good job! (PS: you need to get that sexensual sig you had before back again. With the yin-yang symbols that twirl and stuff. So beatiful. :tear: )

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 11-05-2007 12:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:up:

One of the few FPS I can say I completed in a matter of days, and coming from me that's actually saying something.

[/brownNose]

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-06-2007 01:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Raven, I've been looking a loooong time for you map "heliotropic dreams". I used to have the map and the bookmark, then my PC crashed and I couldn't remember what the name of the map was... It still looks great.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-06-2007 07:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:

Yeah, guess which one. :ninja:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-09-2007 05:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh :[

Raven
Raven
PostPosted: 11-09-2007 10:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Raven, I've been looking a loooong time for you map "heliotropic dreams". I used to have the map and the bookmark, then my PC crashed and I couldn't remember what the name of the map was... It still looks great.

Hehe. I just found that again lingering around on my hard drive just recently. I uploaded it to my new site: http://www.levelforge.com. You can navigate there from the Work button on the left of the main page. Sadly I have not had huge amounts of time to get content up on my site, but it is getting there little by little.

Quote:
(PS: you need to get that sexensual sig you had before back again. With the yin-yang symbols that twirl and stuff. So beautiful.)

Yeah, I hear ya. I will dig around for it. I am kind of partial to the mind-numbing eyecandy coma it puts you into myself.

Thanks again all for the Quake 4 compliments. I really had a great time working on the game, and it was a great honor to work with so many talented people on the project!

Ravensoft
Personal Site

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-23-2007 07:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Found that anyway.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 11-23-2007 07:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GAWD, I can't look away!!! :ducky: :ducky:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-23-2007 08:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*steals wallet*

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 11-23-2007 10:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

only useful you'll find there is a condom, and i'm pretty sure you won't need one, pops ;)

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-30-2007 02:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:

Yeah, guess which one. :ninja:

I just want to confirm that that was indeed a penis joke :]

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-30-2007 06:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Confirmed.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.