Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Any way to email a bigwig at ID?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Any way to email a bigwig at ID?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-11-2008 06:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd like to commend them on the single player aspect, #1, and #2, although I doubt they'll do anything now, I really wish they'd consider an expansion pak or two. I always looked forward to the expansion paks that ID or Raven developed.

Anyway, does anyone know how to get ahold of these guys?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 04-12-2008 12:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The community person at id is SyncError@idsoftware.com and he can then pass on as appropriate.

They wont be making an expansion tho - there was one planned (which I guess would have SP content too), but it was abandoned and the MP content that was completed was given away for free in the 1.3 patch.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-12-2008 09:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks Anthony]! I just emailed them this...

To everyone at ID,

I'm just a nobody, and this letter is really late in the game by today's standards, but I did want to say two things regarding Quake 4.

Number one, I really want to congratulate you on the single player aspect of Quake 4. It was really DA BOMB DIGGITY! I am perhaps a dying breed (dead already, I do not know) but I much enjoy single player versions of your games over multiplayer, and Quake 4 was truly a satisfying game in pretty much every regard. I have been a fan of your games since the original Doom, so I have played a lot of your games, and I remember the single player aspect was always the most scary, the most interesting, etc.

Two, I know you probably will not do this, but I sooooo wish you guys would consider a good single player expansion pak for Quake 4. I heard that you may have had one in development but then abandoned it, that is too bad. I know you are very busy with Rage, and possibly followups to Quake 4 or Doom 3, but I really wish you would consider finishing up on that possible expansion to Quake 4.

Finally, I did want to mention as an aside, that although I have no problem with the Strogg stories for Quake 2 and 4, I also really appreciated the high tech/medieval aspect of the old Quake 1, as well as the two expansion paks Dissolution of Eternity and Scourge of Armagon. I have always hoped you might consider any Quake sequel (Quake 5?) as a follow up to Quake 1.

You know, I even have built a retro machine just for playing and appreciating Quake 1 and a couple other mid 90's games. When you make something of high quality today, people will remember your work for many years to come!

-Ken

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-13-2008 02:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

also, id didnt make quake4. raven did.
oops?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 04-13-2008 03:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

... and it was Ritual making the expansion. :)

But since id own the IP, it'd be them that makes the call over whether anyone could make an expansion, no?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-13-2008 03:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

aye; i was referring to the props.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-13-2008 06:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, I'll just forward it to Raven and Ritual, too. Hehe.

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 04-22-2008 07:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wasn't the new content in 1.3 supposedly leftovers from the expansion?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-23-2008 02:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AnthonyJ wrote:

They wont be making an expansion tho - there was one planned (which I guess would have SP content too), but it was abandoned and the MP content that was completed was given away for free in the 1.3 patch.

btw cocks
btw cocks
PostPosted: 07-04-2008 11:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

iirc the expansion was mostly going to be stuff that ended up getting cut from q4 retail because there wasn't time to finish it

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.