Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Q4 on Mac with PC DVD

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Q4 on Mac with PC DVD

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-15-2008 09:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a copy of Q4 I bought around release and recently bought a MacBook Pro I would like to play it on. Is there a way i can install Q4 on my Mac with my PC DVD version? Something similar to copying over the pak0 file in Q3? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 08-21-2008 11:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't think so.

Doom 3 and later, I think, have been done by Aspyr. I doubt even the windows version CD key would work with the Aspyr binary.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 08-21-2008 01:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The cd key will work fine.
You'll be able to install Q4 patches (ie http://www.macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=19123 ) without having the game installed. When you're done, just copy pak001.pk4 up to and including pak011.pk4 from the pc DVD to /Applications/Quake4/q4base.
However - Quake4.app, in all versions, requires the mac dvd to be in the drive.

*cough*
-DM

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.