Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Quake 4 single player crash

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 4 single player crash

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-19-2013 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake 4 is an old(er) game but I never completed the single player campaign due to a system crash at the time.
I've restarted playing the game but now I run into the following error:
rvClientmoveable “-1”: cannot load collision model

The error happens in the SP map “Tram Hub Station” (a map at about 2/3rd of the game) and the game crashes back to main menu, with the console opened full screen stating the error. Loading the last savegame or the last saved checkpoint eventually leads to the same error, in the same area.

I’ve tried googling for it but there isn’t a lot to find. Trying to contact id links me to the support section of Bethesda, I’ve emailed them with this question but haven’t heard back from them at all. Emailed Raven and they told me they forwarded my question to one of the programmers, but haven't heard anything since.

If possible, could anyone help me solve this? Not sure it's a LD or programming issue but I thought I'd start in this section.

The game is patched to 1.4.2.
Is it best to reinstall the game, without patching up? I’m not sure my savegames will work when I roll back from 1.4.2 to 1.0.0?

[repost from LD]

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-12-2013 06:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

spookmineer wrote:
Quake 4 is an old(er) game but I never completed the single player campaign due to a system crash at the time.
I've restarted playing the game but now I run into the following error:
rvClientmoveable “-1”: cannot load collision model

The error happens in the SP map “Tram Hub Station” (a map at about 2/3rd of the game) and the game crashes back to main menu, with the console opened full screen stating the error. Loading the last savegame or the last saved checkpoint eventually leads to the same error, in the same area.

I’ve tried googling for it but there isn’t a lot to find. Trying to contact id links me to the support section of Bethesda, I’ve emailed them with this question but haven’t heard back from them at all. Emailed Raven and they told me they forwarded my question to one of the programmers, but haven't heard anything since.

If possible, could anyone help me solve this? Not sure it's a LD or programming issue but I thought I'd start in this section.

The game is patched to 1.4.2.
Is it best to reinstall the game, without patching up? I’m not sure my savegames will work when I roll back from 1.4.2 to 1.0.0?

[repost from LD]

Hey dude,

I have a feeling you are stuck in the same place I was last night.
Granted since this was months ago you have probably solved it but just in case this is what I did to get past.

My game crashed on that level where the two guys drop out of the ceiling, one in front of you and one on the left.
I saved when I finally got past that bit (blind luck mostly, just don't use explosive weapons) as it would crash a ton at the next door.
When you open that door, a dog run towards you to spawn four enemies, I used the rocket launcher on it to kill it before it did the spawn as that would also crash with this error too.

Then when you exit this room through the door with the flashing light above it you can start a machine that allows you to get up to the next floor above, but the room that you can get into on this floor I couldn't get past in any way with using any weapon, triggering the enemy to knock down part of the wall and running away or anything. As soon as I turned around it crashed with that error.
What I had to do to fix this issue was use NOCLIP to go through that door and then through to the left to get into the room with the Repair Bot terminal so that the track could be repaired.

Then to save myself from any other crashes, I didn't want to go back down through the level so I just continued to NOCLIP through the glass and back out to the train. Then you can exit the level and keep on going through the game.

Hope that helps you out if you are still having that error.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-15-2013 10:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! It's been a while, haven't found a solution in the meantime, this sounds like a good alternative.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-15-2015 12:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is exceptionally decent and not too bad post...You shook posting it....Thanks a great deal for posting it...!!!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.