Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Something I've noticed (regarding weapons)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Something I've noticed (regarding weapons)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-12-2015 10:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For some reason, not only do Quake 4 competitive mods keep all the weapons entirely the same as their Quake 3 counterparts, a really awful thing because I personally like to see CREATIVITY within the arsenals of Arena Shooters, they take out the ONLY new gun featured in Quake 4's multiplayer, the Nailgun? Seriously? Now I get that the weapon is kind of bland on its own, but couldn't they have at least tried to add some unique mechanic to differentiate it. For those who say balance issues, that's not a really valid excuse, they could've easily balanced it into the gameplay and gave the weapon its own niche if they needed to, it's not that hard, seeing as they didn't HAVE to copy and paste the Q3 sandbox to begin with; they could've simply started from scratch and tried something new, but they didn't, they took the lazy approach.

Pretty much, Quake 4's main downfall in multiplayer is that it pretty much behaves like Quake 3 when it comes to the weapon side of things, and the competitive mods only serve to enhance this problem, when it would've been an excellent opportunity to fix the issue. That's what I gather from this, anyway.

(Quake 4's still fun though, it just irritates me)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.