Quake3World.com Forums
     ET: Quake Wars Discussion
        Quake Wars Pre-Order Information

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake Wars Pre-Order Information

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 03-24-2007 07:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GameStop will start taking pre-orders March 26th and Best Buy will do the same April 12th.

Here's what you get for reserving.

- Advance Username Registration: Get an exclusive keycode to reserve your preferred username now.

- Collector's Cards: Receive the first 2 cards in a set of 12, each featuring a different Strogg or GDF vehicle or deployable with game facts and tips.
- The remaining 10 cards will only be available in the Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Limited Collector's Edition.

- Poster: There are two posters in all, with each retail location offering one exclusive poster each.

ET:QW Limited Collector's Edition will contain.

Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Limited Collector's Edition features premium packaging with a slipcase, as well as ten collector’s cards, available only through the Limited Collector’s Edition offer.

In addition to the premium packaging and collectible cards, fans will receive a bonus DVD, complete with concept art and other cool stuff for Enemy Territory: Quake Wars' biggest fans.

Pre-Order Quake Wars - Link

-----------

Image Image Image

Above screen shots are new, most likely released by a BETA tester.

Last edited by Bugsy on 03-26-2007 09:06 AM, edited 2 times in total.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-24-2007 09:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sweet! But I guess this means no public beta?

Also, Canadians tend to get screwed. They always consider us "North American" though we never get the preorder stuff that the US gets.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 03-24-2007 09:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah yeah... they can put all the extra candy in the box they want, but I won't be buying this unless I get to test it first (a demo would be fine) :p

Just to be sure it doesn't turn into another quake eye vee

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 03-24-2007 10:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, there will be a demo but it won't be released until some time after the full game hits the stores.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 03-26-2007 09:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The May issue of PC Gamer has confirmed that there will be bots available in Quake Wars.

Quote:
Here is an extract from the May edition of PCGamer. The interview is with John Dean the man behind the Fritz Bot mod for Return to Castle Wolfenstein who is now employed by id Software.

PCG: How has bot AI and waypointing been improved for ETQW over Fritzbot or bots seen in other recent games? What will we see that hasn't been done or tried before in other games?

Dean: The great thing about ETQW is the emphasis on teamwork. Every objective requires the team to work together to complete the objective, and the bots understand this and will work with you and each other to complete that objective. Medic bots will give health and provide cover as an Engineer builds the bridge. A GDF FieldOps bot will hand ammo to needy teammates, and call in fire support to break the enemy defenses. Covert bots will sneak behind enemy lines looking to cause trouble, like disabling enemy deployables, ect.

Source: Quake Wars Center

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 03-26-2007 10:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well that's nice for sure

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 04-01-2007 06:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^misantropia^ wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, there will be a demo but it won't be released until some time after the full game hits the stores.

Well then having no immediate demo I guess I will have to wait x number of weeks... to bad for them, I won't be adding my sale to the crucial "first 2 weeks" period when most games sell the best and can be judge as a success or not. :p

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-01-2007 07:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Am I correct in thinking that most of the people on this board will buy QW? :smirk:

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 04-02-2007 12:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:
Well then having no immediate demo I guess I will have to wait x number of weeks... to bad for them, I won't be adding my sale to the crucial "first 2 weeks" period when most games sell the best and can be judge as a success or not. :p

same here - i'll be buying a new pc at the same time and i don't want to have wasted the money the way i did for doom 3.

either way i hope the release date and the pre-order options become global. haven't seen anything on uk/europe yet.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 04-02-2007 05:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Am I correct in thinking that most of the people on this board will buy QW? :smirk:

I may not buy it immediately, but I'm sure I'll buy it.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 04-02-2007 08:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:

I think a lot of people here feel that the doom 3 engine has been less than stellar when it comes to multiplayer... I think the raw player numbers in the last 2 games to bare the engine have proven that. I'd really like to play this first and get a feel for it before committing

*Cunted*
*Cunted*
PostPosted: 05-08-2007 12:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am committed, registered for QW and you will be OWNED!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | ET: Quake Wars Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.