Quake3World.com Forums
     ET: Quake Wars Discussion
        Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Beta

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Beta

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 06-16-2007 12:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Beta 1 - 846MB

- Quake Wars Beta @ FilePlanet
- Quake Wars Beta @ EscapedTurkey

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Beta 1 Patch 1 - 20MB

- Quake Wars Beta Patch 1 @ FilePlanet
- Quake Wars Beta Patch 1 @ EscapedTurkey

- Sewer Walk Through

- ReadMe

----------

- Unlock FPS Information
- Tips, Tricks & Strategies
- FAQ & Useful Information

Quote:
At long last, we are delighted to confirm the impending Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Public Beta. The ETQW Closed Beta has been going extremely well and yielding excellent results. We want to give more people the opportunity to give us feedback on the game so we’re going to open a Public Beta with 60,000 slots available. This way we’ll be able to test many more combinations of hardware, RAM, CPU, graphics card, drivers etc. than we’ve been able to ourselves, and also get a better idea of how the game plays for the general gaming public.

The Public Beta build will consist of a single map named “Sewer”, which is part of ETQW’s Pacific Campaign. Set in Japan, the map revolves around a Strogg base hidden in, well, a sewer. It’s an interesting mix of outdoor and indoor, vehicle and infantry combat, deployables and counter-deployables and good old-fashioned FPS combat.

Source: Quake Wars Community Site

----------

Quake Wars Beta User Media

- Quake Wars Media @ 2phew
- Quake Wars Media @ Lofi007
- Quake Wars Media @ HKF Clan
- Quake Wars Media @ SAS Clan
- Quake Wars Media @ TheOompa
- Quake Wars Media @ QuakeWars.se
- Quake Wars Media @ AustinWebAlbum

Last edited by Bugsy on 07-23-2007 12:44 PM, edited 24 times in total.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 06-16-2007 01:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

blimey

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 06-16-2007 01:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bugsy beat me to it. You're on top of things as always. :p

If I don't get a key for this I will be MAD

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 06-16-2007 01:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A few lucky FilePlanet subscribers were able to download the beta, but without a key it's unplayable.

Obviously FP has taken down the link, but thats how the ReadMe was obtained.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-16-2007 02:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So how the heck do you obtain the key? @_@

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 06-16-2007 04:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Reading is not one of your strongest suits >_<

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-16-2007 04:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:confused:

Well it's not really a public beta if only FP subscribers get it :ninja:

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 06-16-2007 05:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:rtcw: Quake Wars Beta will be released when it's done. :p

Last edited by Bugsy on 06-16-2007 06:01 PM, edited 1 time in total.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 06-16-2007 05:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well there is a reason fileplanet pulled their download, they do not have the ok from splash damage as of yet to begin the beta testing.

So it's best to remove that link =)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-16-2007 08:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's already available from a ton of other places

Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 06-18-2007 12:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuck yeah

*finger hovers over purchase button for a new graphics card*

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 06-18-2007 03:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

beta keys are starting to roll out. http://community.enemyterritory.com/?q=node/57

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 06-18-2007 03:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lolz, only NEW fp subscribers can get in and dl it now

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/qu ... e_sp.shtml

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 06-18-2007 04:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fucking fileplanet :(

never understood a few years back why anyone would be aol enough to buy a fileplanet account when you can pick up demos/patches from the developer/distributor - the only bonus was having another mirror to try for popular files.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 06-18-2007 04:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I guess assholes bought fp acc's yesterday to prepare, but are screwed over because the special didn't start until a few minutes ago. Good times.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-18-2007 04:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No way I'll get one anyway. I'll just wait.

edit: Then again, I was lucky enough to get Vista and Visual Studio 05 free...

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 06-18-2007 05:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Beta will officially start on Wednesday (for paying members first) (unofficially, it started today for some lucky paying members)

http://community.enemyterritory.com/index.php?q=node/57

I'm guessing the rest of us (with free accounts) maybe on Friday or over the weekend.

Can't wait!

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-18-2007 05:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If the free account giveaways start this weekend I might have a chance after all.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 06-18-2007 05:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So 6 or 7 bucks to play this early... hmmm, I'm tempted! :ninja:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 06-18-2007 05:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not. I'll wait my chance, or just wait for the game or a demo or whatever.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-18-2007 05:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye, no site like Fileplanet is worth a subscription, unless you're a nurdz.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 06-18-2007 05:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well I think you can only get the key early if you get the 40$ annual subscription, so no thnx lol

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-18-2007 06:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

anyone who bought d3 and q4 should get free beta keys. id owes us >:E

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 06-18-2007 07:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here are some videos (and screens) from the beta http://dohfos.blogspot.com/search/label/etqw

It's funny how some battlefield type people already complain that the game is too fast for them (on the official forums). Wah wah wah

These people have never preformed a circle strafe in their life, much less strafe and shoot at the same time. They never played W:ET before, and somehow they think ET:QW will be a realistic tactical shooter :rolleyes:

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 06-18-2007 07:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not to mention that one of the game radio people that did extensive play testing said it feels slower than quake (he probably played tons of quake). I don't think it's as fast as quake, it won't fit, but it will still be faster than battlefield.

But it's funny seeing battlefield peeps say it's OMG FAST!!!

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-18-2007 08:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmm, I was addicted to ET for over a year before getting into other online games. Pace won't be a problem IMO and I'm a BF2142 gamer.

Nice to hear those ET hit sounds :smirk:

PostPosted: 06-18-2007 11:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:
It's funny how some battlefield type people already complain that the game is too fast for them (on the official forums). Wah wah wah

These people have never preformed a circle strafe in their life, much less strafe and shoot at the same time. They never played W:ET before, and somehow they think ET:QW will be a realistic tactical shooter :rolleyes:

That sounds very promising.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 06-19-2007 01:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It doesn't feel like bf2 at all. If you played wolf ET, then you know exactly how it plays. There actually is a bit of strafe jumping, but it feels really clunky. My machine isn't that great, so low fps is raping me.

I didn't like it all that much at first. It seemed confusing as hell. They bragged about intuitive tutorial bullshit that makes it easy for new players, but I didn't see anything like that. Theres one audio cue like USE ENGINEERS TO BLOW SHIT UP, then a bunch of little symbols fly around the screen for a second.

The more I play, the more fun it is. My favorite class is probably the technician. their medpacks fill up ammo and health, so you're pretty much good to go. you can also set up a spawn point on dead gdf doods, so when you or your teammates die, they can revive on those points if they activated it before hand. Pretty fucking sweet when the enemy kills you, then tries to achieve an objective, then WHAM, you spawn right near him for an easy kill. The drawback is that it takes a few seconds to revive, where the gdf medic does it instantly. I usually ran out of ammo so fucking fast, that I have to switch to a strictly support role. That is until I just found out at the end of my last game that medics can air drop crates which replenish ammo and health.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 06-19-2007 04:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kewl man kewl. I'm kinda worried about fps too :(

Would you say it runs worse than quake 4 then? And have you tried low quality mode to get a boost in fps? You should transfer over your quake 4 autoexec.cfg a lot of the stuff is still the same.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 06-19-2007 05:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah it does. Its actually 60 until crazy shit goes down. the smoke from the lg makes it dip down to 40. this is after tweaking my config.

lolz, im in the top vid on that blog you posted. Note how I immediately whip out the defibs after wasting that squib. No man dies on my watch.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-19-2007 12:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just cant get excited

fucking recycled ideas

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 06-19-2007 09:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Original post updated with an informative walk through of the sewer map that is included with the beta.

Also added some links to user created media (screen shots + videos).

neh
neh
PostPosted: 06-19-2007 10:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

am wondering if it looks any good tbh?

I fired up q4 the other day and was pretty taken with how fucking ugly it actually is when I compared it to most of the stuff I enjoy on 360 ...

does it look any good (I know movies etc are up - but all are off screen or grainy) - just wanted a little feedback from first hand play

PostPosted: 06-20-2007 09:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ok, it's started

*downloading*

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-20-2007 09:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Been watching videos...i wish i was playing this :(

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | ET: Quake Wars Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.