Quake3World.com Forums
     ET: Quake Wars Discussion
        Somebody tell me...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Somebody tell me...

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 07-07-2007 12:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why I have a ping of 20 but lag like a bitch...?

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 07-07-2007 04:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dropping packets? Not necessarily the same thing as ping, and much more annoyingly noticeable.

Approaching the singularity
Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 07-07-2007 04:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Punkbuster?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-07-2007 05:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I believe they fixed some server issues in the beta patch so it should be actually smoother on a good server. Problem is, they now activated Punkbuster and that's causing some problems for some people on certain servers. I didn't read the full story on the ET forums, but it's something along those lines.

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 07-16-2007 08:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Why I have a ping of 20 but lag like a bitch...?

shitty netcode?...shitty beta testers?...shitty engine?

...all of the above?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | ET: Quake Wars Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.