Quake3World.com Forums
     ET: Quake Wars Discussion
        ET:QW Beta Punkbuster Fix!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: ET:QW Beta Punkbuster Fix!

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-08-2007 04:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This just in...

Supposedly fixes Windows 64 issues as well as the kicked from server issues.

goliathvt wrote:
Ok folks... if you're using WinXP 64bit this should work to remedy the crashes to desktop any time you enable PB and/or if you're crashing as the game is loading:

- Download pbsetup.exe

- Run PBSetup as an administrator as this setup will install a Windows service so that you can run ETQW without admin rights and still use PB.

- Once PBSetup is installed, run it, grant it firewall access when prompted if you're using ZA or AVG or whatever. Click "Check for updates." This will update the PB software if needed.

- Click Add Game, add Enemy Territory:Quake Wars, and browse to your ETQW install directory.

- Click Add Game a second time. Again add Enemy Territory:Quake Wars, but this time, browse to this location:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOURWINXPUSERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Enemy Territory Quake Wars Public Beta

You should now have two games labeled ET:QW with their respective game paths listed.

- Click "Check for Updates"

You should see both game paths update to:

Client: v1.708 / A1313
Server: v1.273 / A1313 / C1.708

Run ETQW. You should no longer experience any crashes. Of course, I can't test this beyond what I've read and my own experience, but it seems to be helping a lot of folks who otherwise couldn't even launch the game or enable PB without crashing.

Let me know how it works out for ya.

no u
no u
PostPosted: 07-08-2007 04:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

didnt work for me. still crashes when i try to enable PB. then after that the game wont run unless i go into the config and turn pb back off.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-10-2007 08:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are you on Windows 64?

I'm on 32 so I can't test. It seems to work fine for me, though and I haven't been booted off of any servers.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 07-10-2007 08:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah, he is.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | ET: Quake Wars Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.