Quake3World.com Forums
     ET: Quake Wars Discussion
        Starting a LAN server

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Starting a LAN server

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-28-2007 06:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone knows how to set up a LAN server so that multiple client computers can connect to a single server. I've been playing around with serverlauncher.exe but I must be doing something incorrect. Instructions would be nice.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 08-28-2007 09:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You cant get more than 1 client to connect? I don't recall having issues when I tried.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-29-2007 07:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here are my server settings:

The additional parameters section reads as:

+set fs_savepath "D:/Games/ETQW Beta 2/server" +set net_LANServer 1

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 08-29-2007 04:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

theres not all that much to configure. just pull down the console, and /connect to it. You get any errors?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-30-2007 08:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For whatever reason, the server kept running in authenticated mode (even though instructed otherwise). A system restart seemed to have fixed it. Thanks.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | ET: Quake Wars Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.