Quake3World.com Forums
     ET: Quake Wars Discussion
        Possible to play Quake Wars with a Geforce 4 ti 4800?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Possible to play Quake Wars with a Geforce 4 ti 4800?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 10-15-2007 03:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I foolishly purchased Enemy Territory: Quake Wars without thinking about the system requirements. My last purchase was Half Life 2 and I was able to play that game on my current video card, a GeForce 4 TI 4800 so I never stopped to think. However, I soon realised that the lowest tier video card from Nvidia that Enemy Territory: Quake Wars supports is the GeForce FX (GeForce 5).

Is it at all possible to play Enemy Territory: Quake Wars with a GeForce 4 ti 4800 or is it simply impossible and a hardware upgrade is absolutely required?

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 10-15-2007 05:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yikes, dont think so.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 10-29-2007 07:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Read the minimum requirements on the fucking box. They don't print it because of excess ink you know.

XXXG-00W0
XXXG-00W0
PostPosted: 10-29-2007 08:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't bother. The gf 5xxx series, although a solid card for older games, won't pull shit for the newest ones. Invest that money in something worthwile. If you were still running a gf 4 you might even have a system which is not that great for et:qw, what are the other specs?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-29-2007 09:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm playing this game on an FX 5900 Ultra.

Everything is set to low except textures, but it runs like a dream.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 01-06-2008 01:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmm... I have been trying to play the game on my older system with FX 5200. It has the same amount of megs as the minimum (5700), but I gues the technologies are different and it seems to run at smth like 5fps. Is there any commands that would let it normally work?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-06-2008 01:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes

/quit

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | ET: Quake Wars Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.