Quake3World.com Forums
     ET: Quake Wars Discussion
        I got banned for cheating.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: I got banned for cheating.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-27-2007 08:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was owning it up on a server and an admin steps in. We were playing on sewers (you know, that new map) and the GDF were streaming in single file towards the forward spawn so I just scoped in with the lacerator and started spraying. Not my fault they don't know how to strafe. I think I took out their whole team.

A little while after I got banned for "cheating". Lame noobs. I think the server name was Duck something. The "impulse ban" is starting to be an annoying problem.

Anyone else been banned?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-27-2007 08:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft- got banned for being a dick. :olo:

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 10-27-2007 09:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

creep wrote:
:olo:

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 10-27-2007 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

not sure if you were there but some dude told one of the admins to ban another dude because he was hacking, and he did it no questions asked. these bf2 players are dumb as hell.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-27-2007 10:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I remember that.

That's the thing, I have never noticed anyone do anything that I would consider to be suspect of cheating. The few times I thought it could be cheating, I would spec them for a while and it became obvious that they were just ace shots. I have never seen anyone cheat.

Yet the ETQW community board is littered with complaints about cheaters. I think it's all just a psychological problem where people will randomly point fingers and cry to an admin.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-27-2007 10:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

creep wrote:

All I said was "FUCK U" to DooMer.

p.s. fuck u

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-27-2007 10:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:
not sure if you were there but some dude told one of the admins to ban another dude because he was hacking, and he did it no questions asked. these bf2 players are dumb as hell.

Quite true, I've been banned from several nub clan servers in 2142 just for humiliating their admins.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-27-2007 07:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What does that have to do with anything? Game server admins being ignorant pricks has nothing to do with the quality of the game or the ability of the game to attract players. I've been temp banned from one noob server out of well over a thousand so what's your point other than the fact that you're just bitter?

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 10-28-2007 09:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol obsidian you need to take it as a compliment

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-28-2007 06:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Man you guys don't play cs do you. They have lots of twelve year old admins in that game too.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-28-2007 07:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cuntershite? I avoid it like the plague.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-29-2007 02:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Glockg wrote:
Man you guys don't play cs do you. They have lots of twelve year old admins in that game too.

Cs...? Yknow, that's because of the level of the game. If it had somekind of a learning curve it probbably would be better.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 10-29-2007 01:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ner'Zul wrote:
Glockg wrote:

Cs...? Yknow, that's because of the level of the game. If it had somekind of a learning curve it probbably would be better.
It has plenty a learning curve, but you wouldn't realize it unless you played a PCW. That's the only time when CS actually seems to require some sort of strategy/skill, unfortunately.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 10-29-2007 06:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it would be retarded if admins couldnt ban...

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-30-2007 02:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nay0k wrote:
It has plenty a learning curve, but you wouldn't realize it unless you played a PCW. That's the only time when CS actually seems to require some sort of strategy/skill, unfortunately.

Well, I rly didn't (I don't even know what it is :P), maybe that's mine mistake. Tho still, I think it has nothing compared to quake and it is probably one of the main reasons of its popularity.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 10-30-2007 11:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PCW = Practice Clan War, play a 5v5 version of this with CAL/CEVO/whatever with their rules, watch demos from real tournies, and you'll see.

no u
no u
PostPosted: 10-31-2007 11:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nay0k wrote:
creep wrote:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-11-2007 07:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck. I got banned again off another server. Didn't even play a complete round. No reason whatsoever.

FYI

72.232.145.58:27733
TAW... Artists of the Battlefield ...Ranked Server

Creep was on the server, maybe he knows why.

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 11-11-2007 07:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I bet he had you banned.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-11-2007 08:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That TAW server kicked about 6 people, they said they were making room for clanmates. I left right after.

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 11-11-2007 08:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And he doesn't want you to know.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-11-2007 08:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A warning would be nice. And a kick instead of a ban.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-11-2007 09:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I dunno why you're bitching here :p

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-12-2007 07:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla's gone, so I'm trying to fill in for him.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-13-2007 08:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was there and got kicked too.
It may have been due to me saying "WTF... Kicking for the win?" after you got the boot.
If they are kicking to make room for clanmates it would make more sense to say that before you start kicking not after.
Now that I know the server I know not to play there anymore.

So Obsidian did you enjoy GeorgeTakei waxing homosophically on the VOIP on that other server that night? LOL

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-13-2007 10:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Most people on VOIP are pretty normal and keep the chatter down. But there has been a few weird experiences so far.

There's one guy (forgot name) who goes into how he used to play on some W:ET clan that made it X far into Y tournament every single time he logs on. He stinks so I think he's lying.

Another guy belch-talks. And I've encountered a few interesting accents including some guy with a very strong Southern "yeehaw" drawl.

I think GeorgeTakei was trying to hit on you. FYI.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-28-2008 02:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

aaaa

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | ET: Quake Wars Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.