Quake3World.com Forums
     ET: Quake Wars Discussion
        Recommended upgrade for my pc

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Recommended upgrade for my pc

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 10-28-2007 02:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Right now I have an AMD sempron 2.0ghz processor
A GeForce 6200 AGP8x
and 1 gig of ddr ram.

My mobo supports socket A processors, so I can't really upgrade my processor to anything above 2.2ghz, I was thinking of upgrading my video card to this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814130100

until I can get the money to build a decent pc.

The game runs at about 15-20 fps, would I get a significant fps boost by upgrading the video card or is it the processor that's keeping me down?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-04-2007 01:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Another gig of RAM and maybe a 6800 or one of the 7 series if you can find one.

You would be better off just droppin a few quid on a new AM2 Mobo and ging for a very low end Processor. It makes sense...

How much you got to play with? :)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-04-2007 04:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

do you know what the standard package is with a basic home windows xp, i know very little about computers and even less about how to run them

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 11-18-2007 09:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:

How much you got to play with? :)

if you're interested, you can check out this post I made in t&t
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34674

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | ET: Quake Wars Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.