Quake3World.com Forums
     ET: Quake Wars Discussion
        So, is this game still worth getting?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: So, is this game still worth getting?

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 04-25-2008 11:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now that I've got a system capable of making this game its bitch, is it worth it? Enough people still playing etc?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 04-25-2008 12:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Get it. Play it.

It's usually me, DooMer, shaft, obsidian, Ronin and HMPuff destroying egos online...usually 3 - 5 times a week (anytime between 7 pm - midnight CMT). I've seen Survivor playing a few times but he's gay so nobody cares.

Also...get a mic/headset for ViOP. It really makes a difference.

Let us know when you want to die and we'll set up a match.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 04-25-2008 12:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I always recommend people go here and here to learn the basics of what's expected of them. The second link has "training vids" to show you the various roles/classes.

Also...for more info on the game itself in our retarded converstations, updates, IRC links and other crap, check out these threads:

Clicky

Clicky

P.S. Regarding the number of people playing it...there are still a shitload of full servers (24 vs 24) and alot of gamers (in the thousands) still playing this at any hour of the day. Not to mention the 1.5 patch will be coming out soon (I guess) so the longevity is that much better).

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 04-25-2008 01:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't miss out. It's the deepest, most unique FPS to come out in awhile.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-25-2008 07:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Get it. We need more noobs to pwn. :p

Join the IRC channel so we can meet up for matches. Let me know what your in-game name is so I can add you to the clan (I'm the leader, btw).

Survivor and a few other people play, but they're Euros so they have different time zones and ping times can be slightly laggy (though not as bad as you might think, I've played on 140 ping on German servers and it's still quite playable).

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 04-25-2008 09:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think I'm going to pick it up this weekend if I can find it on the cheap. It looks badass, I loved RTCW MP and played a bit of W:ET.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 04-26-2008 07:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Picked up the CE from Best Buy for $30. It was the same price as the regular edition :dork:
So far I have to say it's pretty badass, although I've only been playing offline. There was a big thunderstorm that moved through earlier and I lost interwebs connectivity. I'm d/ling the 1.04 update right now.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 04-29-2008 06:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So, you gonna stop being a douche bag and give us your acc name so we can throw down?

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 04-30-2008 05:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've gotten on IRC several times now, and none of you [LOL RACISM] ever answer.

I play as ElectricWraith. Got my joystick working last night with a .cfg from the QW site. Sooooo much easier to fly. I'll be down for the ownage tonight, it'll be nice to play with more than two people. Seeing lots of servers mostly filled with bots.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-30-2008 08:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bots? Never seen bots except for unranked servers. I've added you to the clan. Don't screw things up for us noob, we have a pretty big winning streak going. :p

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 04-30-2008 10:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshit....just adjust the filters in your online server browser to remove/hide servers with bots, unranked servers (that way you can track your XP properly since unranked doesn't log your progress) and remove/hide full servers.

Also...I'll rape your glistening white ass in a dogfight.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 04-30-2008 02:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do you fly with the kb/mouse? 'coz I heard fags do that.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 05-01-2008 01:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it isnt like a flight sim. hop in, do hit and runs for a few min, get shot down.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 05-01-2008 12:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yer. The Anansi or the Tormentor quickly become the target of choice to players who see it (unless someone is actively completing an objective). I normally only last 2 to 4 minutes before exploding in a battle with 10 vs 10 or more.

With all the rocket launchers (fuck you DooMer), AVTs, Cyclops/Titans/Desecrators/Trojans and other flying vehicles aiming at you (and that they lengthened the time between decoy launching) you don't have much time to do your work before having to run to escape a target lock. One thing that pissed me off is that I try to use the terrain, buildings or other objects (even a bridge) to lose the target lock (occluded from line of sight from the AVT that launched the rockets) but that doesn't work either. A lock is a lock and that rocket will slowly crawl up your ass. Chances are even if you lose the target lock you'll probably still take some damage in-flight from a close explosion...and the 20 or so enemies shooting at you.

Also...if you just want to practice flying and testing the limits of your vehicle I'd recommend playing against the bots in warmup mode. That way you can fly all day and not worry about having to attack/defend something and concentrate on flying with no time limit.

And if you're a Top Gun fagg0t at flying try switching the option to "Advanced Flight Controls". It takes some getting used to but once you master it you can fly upside down and do mid-air 180s to shoot enemies that are behind you.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 05-01-2008 07:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GGs foghats

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 05-02-2008 08:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So, was this game still worth getting? :)

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 05-02-2008 09:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuckin' A. :up:
Can you hear me in-game?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-03-2008 08:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
Can you hear me in-game?

What...did you say something?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 05-03-2008 10:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No...couldn't hear you.

I'm guessing you made the same mistake I did...assuming your mike was on all the time. You have to bind the ViOP talking to a button and press it for us to hear you. It's somewhere in the "Key Bindings" section and I forget what it's called...but it's pretty obvious when you find it.

I bind my ViOP to a mouse button so I can talk while shooting people in the face.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 05-03-2008 10:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've got Team Chat bound to a voice button and it seems as though others have been able to hear me. Just wondering if you did because you didn't respond when I greeted you last night.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 05-03-2008 10:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe I was busy team killing?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 05-03-2008 10:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck it...ahmuh gonna play now.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 05-03-2008 11:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
Maybe I was busy team killing?

It was right after you joined, Valley I believe it was.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 05-03-2008 06:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hey, you should accept my friend invite.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 05-03-2008 06:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought I had... :paranoid:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 05-19-2008 02:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

gg memph

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-19-2008 03:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Join the fireteam when I invite you (F1).

And join the IRC channel, we usually coordinate larger games there, though shaft's being a bitch lately and complains about wanting to play CoD instead. We typically play in the evenings after 9 EST.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-19-2008 08:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm pretty popular. Apparently if i don't play for a few days someone will mention it in a post.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | ET: Quake Wars Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.