Quake3World.com Forums
     ET: Quake Wars Discussion
        ETQW and RAM

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: ETQW and RAM

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 06-11-2008 08:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I currently have 2 GB of RAM but I still have two free RAM slots and since I was running XP, I figured I should grab an extra gig to max out XP's RAM capability. Also...since I have two slots...if I upgrade will there be any bullshit if there's three RAM sticks or does it still need 4...only to lose it to XP's limit?

Will it help ETQW at all to have an extra gig of RAM?

I have a P4P800 SE mobo, a P4 Prescott 3.2 and an AGP ATI X1950 Pro. Will extra RAM help this game because there are still moments (short ones that last 2-3 seconds) where my framerate tanks (and it's always in the same maps in the same locations) and it's even worse if there's a big fire fight. On thing I noticed is that overall I'm actually only getting slightly better performance in ETQW than with my old video card (FX 5900 Ultra with 2 GB of system RAM) with pretty much the same graphics settings. :(

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 06-12-2008 12:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vram

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 06-12-2008 09:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmmmm...I guess I should have bought the 512 MB ATI card.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | ET: Quake Wars Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.