Quake3World.com Forums
     ET: Quake Wars Discussion
        Swapping classes

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Swapping classes

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 08-28-2008 12:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do you guys usually stick with one class throughout the whole campaign or do you swap according to what is needed at any given moment?

Ever since Wolf:ET I've always more or less sticked with one class throughout the campaign. The downside is of course that sometimes you have to rely on n00bs to complete objectives (not necessarily a bad thing for them). I guess it's different if you play very competitively, ie, if winning is more important than just playing for fun - then you really have to swap classes according to the situation.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 08-28-2008 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It depends on my mood.

Many times it's beneficial to stay as one class because you get all the upgrades for that class as you play it (full health revives, self-arming mines, etc) which can really help your team.

If my team has people doing certain roles (and doing them well) I'll pick a class that nobody has taken or a class I feel like playing.

If my teammates aren't getting the job done (hacking the objective/planting bombs/etc) I'll switch to that class to help get the objective done.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-28-2008 07:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Offensive, I tend to switch classes to get the objective or to support the objective takers. Defensive, I tend to stay as a single class on some maps, but swap on others.

So yeah, I guess I do whatever that the situation calls for, but in general I tend to swap classes during a match more often than I don't.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 08-28-2008 09:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rambo medic and ignore objectives.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-29-2008 07:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rambo objective taker with DooMer following me = whole lot of win!

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 08-31-2008 10:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really find myself playing engineer/constructor on most maps, particularly when on defense.
When on offense there is a lot more swapping (and a lot more fail, usually).

Does an active respawn add to your death count, btw?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-01-2008 10:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Alot of times I enjoy flying so I'll go as Field Ops/Oppressor. That way I can fire artillery at anti-vehicle turrets before taking off and bombing everything else.

Not much point in being a medic/technician if you're flying all day.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | ET: Quake Wars Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.