Quake3World.com Forums
     ET: Quake Wars Discussion
        DNR

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: DNR

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 06-26-2009 06:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Another gripette:

Don't you just hate it when you died and tapped out, have just a few seconds left to respawn, and some technician decides to force-revive you?
Especially when they then stroll off without restoring your health.
Respawning means 100% health, access to base-located vehicles, or relocating your spawn point to somewhere advantageous.

I TAPPED OUT for a fucking reason...respect it already, you xp-hoarding cunt. Let me die, already!

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-26-2009 09:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you're incapacitated (down but still wiggling around doing crunches), a medic/technician can still revive you. If you tapped out completely (no longer wiggling) you can't be revived at all.

If you're down and want to respawn, just hit the limbo key and hit the respawn button and a medic/tech won't be able to revive you. You can also bind something like CTRL+DEL to the kill command.

As a medic/technician, I hate it when I'm trying to revive the objective critical guy and he respawns just as I'm bringing him back up.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 06-26-2009 09:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hehe, yeah, to be honest I do the 'soft' tapout in order to be able to spectate my teammates before respawning.
I assumed that when I switch between 'you are waiting for a medic' and 'you will repspawn' this would also be visible to the medic/tech (you can tell I haven't played as medic very often ;) )
So good info, if I really want to respawn, I'll go into limbo next time.

I do empathize with the annoyance about the 'target disappearing from under your hands' thing.
Frequently, when restoring a deployable as an engineer/constr, the deployer suddenly decides to deploy elsewhere at the last minute.
Pretty disheartening, especially when you nursed it from pretty much zero back up to activity again.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-02-2009 05:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's happened to me as well where I'm just about to revive someone and they go solid. On the other side of the coin I must admit that there have been several times I respawned about 1 or two seconds before being revived, but that usually occurs when they pop around the corner and the camera snaps to them. I can't get out of tapping out in time and I'm sure I've pissed off some medics. It's also the reason I don't get too pissed off when players tap out right in front of me: they probably couldn't react fast enough when I came around the corner...content with not being revived.

If I really want to tap out I do as suggested (limbo menu -> respawn) so that my icon disappears and a medic doesn't have to waste time (or put themselves in danger) coming towards me.

Rationalis
Rationalis
PostPosted: 07-10-2009 07:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure you can spec teammates n shit with a 'hard' tapout. I still love this game though I haven't played it online in about 2 months.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-10-2009 08:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep. It's the only way to spec....or getting blown to bits by a rocket...which pretty much guarantees you can't be revived.

Does anyone know how you can spectate a specific teammate if you're unrevivable and waiting to respawn? What I mean here is that you always "snap" to the player you want immediately after tap out -> fire....every time you die? Alot of times I wanted to spec some of you fagg0ts but couldn't flip through the players fast enough until I reached you. Sometimes I clicked like mad and overshot you...only to not get back to you in the "view list" again before respawning.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-10-2009 09:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Limbo menu > Spectate tab > double click on a teammate.

Only works with people on your team (can't spectate enemies, of course) and doesn't work with bots.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-10-2009 10:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rationalis
Rationalis
PostPosted: 07-12-2009 06:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GKY, if you're playin again I may have to uncork my lacerator....need some Strogg on Strogg if you know what I'm sayin...

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 07-13-2009 03:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Again, thanks for the info.
Although I kinda like clicking through various teammates while spectating, and as I understand it you can't do that via limbo, right? Only player specific.

Rationalis
Rationalis
PostPosted: 07-15-2009 08:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Plan B wrote:
Again, thanks for the info.
Although I kinda like clicking through various teammates while spectating, and as I understand it you can't do that via limbo, right? Only player specific.

I have no problems cycling through player views (primary fire button) after I click respawn from the limbo menu. As long as you are seeing your writhing body (and are revivable), going to the limbo menu and hardtapping should return you to viewing your now still body and then you can hit fire to cycle through your teammates.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-15-2009 09:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

...or just bind something like CTRL+DEL to /kill

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 07-16-2009 06:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OK, guess I've run out of bullshit reasons, then :D

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | ET: Quake Wars Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.