Quake3World.com Forums
     ET: Quake Wars Discussion
        Crap wrong forum

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Crap wrong forum

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-14-2013 04:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Crap wrong forum. Idk how to delete.

Last edited by Fate[LorD] on 03-14-2013 01:01 PM, edited 1 time in total.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-14-2013 06:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're posting about Quake 3 in a Enemy Territory: Quake Wars forum? Good job. :dork:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-11-2013 09:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's the first new thread here in a millennia - it may stay

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 05-11-2013 01:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm probably the only person on this forum who still plays. I just finished a nice afternoon of ETQW fraggin just now and had fun against someone who could give me a run in a dogfight.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-11-2013 04:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I still have it installed, though I haven't played in a while. Let me know if you need someone capturing all the objective points.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 05-12-2013 07:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's kinda weird to say it for a game as old as this, but it's pretty hard to just message you and say "let's play"...as the North American server is ALWAYS full and it's a matter of connecting and waiting until someone disconnects.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 05-13-2013 07:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I stopped playing about a year ago.
I was stuck in a grind where I always played strogg constructor, spamming turrets and laying mines, because that's what worked and won games, 9 out of 10 times.
I don't know if that's a balance issue, or if I just got very good at doing the same thing over and over again.
Anyway, at a certain point, it just wasn't rewarding anymore.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 05-13-2013 07:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had a friend who only played engineer as well and he got bored of it until I told the stupid fuck to try a different class. He did just that and said it was like playing a new game.

If you're not having fun playing the same class over and over again you only have yourself to blame.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-13-2013 07:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Were you playing on a server filled with bots? :shrug:

(seriously, there are a lot of bot filled servers, make sure you're joining the right one with actual players)

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 05-13-2013 09:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's another problem my engineer friend had...he always ended up playing against bots thinking he was playing against people.

The bots in this game are some of the worst AI in a modern game that I've ever seen, even after the "huge AI upgrade" they said they implemented (it's better than the original bots, but they still suck horribly). If you play this game with bots you will not enjoy yourself.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 05-14-2013 06:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
I had a friend who only played engineer as well and he got bored of it until I told the stupid fuck to try a different class. He did just that and said it was like playing a new game.

If you're not having fun playing the same class over and over again you only have yourself to blame.

Of course I experimented, playing other classes.
I just found that I sucked at other classes, and me playing strogg constructor was what won games.

If this was a SP game, I would mix shit up to keep things "fresh".
But it's not. It's an MP game, and you must be as effective as you can be.

Deliberately forcing yourself to play a class where you're less helpful to the team seems kind of retarded, no?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 05-14-2013 07:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it best to "master" all the classes so you can be a more effective player, which also helps win matches...especially if there's a class that nobody is playing at the moment.

That's pretty much how I play:

- in the 10 second countdown before the match begins I press TAB to see who's doing what and then pick something that rounds out the team....especially if we need medics or if the guys playing the objective class aren't getting the job done.
- Other times I've switched to Field Ops simply to lay down one hammer or air strike to clear out the obj for the obj runners and then switched back to what I was doing (medic, etc). Do what you think will help win, don't be afraid to switch classes just for 1 - 3 minutes to do a specific thing to help you win, and use every trick/class in the book to do it.

Seriously...I think over the course of a typical 3 match campaign I probably play every class there is and that definitely means I play every class if I spend an afternoon playing a bunch of campaigns. And I never get bored...ever.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | ET: Quake Wars Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.