Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        New Doom 3: Resurrection Of Evil Trailer

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: New Doom 3: Resurrection Of Evil Trailer

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 02-25-2005 08:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-25-2005 11:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey o'dium, good to see you back.
How are things?

Absolutely cool trailer btw. Looks like it's a lot more action packed and intense than the original Doom3.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-25-2005 12:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A dark monitor and d3 screenies are not a good combination.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 01:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really enjoyed that trailer.

The grabber is great. You can actually pick up cherubs (the flying baby things) and throw them around. Not to mention that the visual effects just surrounding the use of the grabber make it look cool.

Also, the new marine/technician/whatever you are in this one is very cool.

He's thinner/older than DOOM 3's marine, but still has that awesome vulnerability factor. Very true to the spirit of DOOM and fresh at the same time. The same can be said for his armor/uniform. It's very similar to the DOOM 3 set, but it is changed in color and it seems like the shoulders might be different, too.

Anyway, the game looks very cool. I look forward to it very, very much.

Back & Forth
Back & Forth
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 04:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i still havnt had a chance to play much of doom3, although i did enjoy what i have played.

this however, does look quite good.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 05:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, gravity gun band wagon \o/.

I'm overjoyed the super shotgun is in this, i loved Doom3, and i doubt this will be a dissapointment, bring it on.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 07:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
lol, gravity gun band wagon....
What's even funnier is that they were using it as a development tool instead; ragdoll tossing anyone... (errr, that's ragdoll 'throwing' across the room..!)

PostPosted: 03-06-2005 12:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
lol, gravity gun band wagon \o/.

I'm overjoyed the super shotgun is in this, i loved Doom3, and i doubt this will be a dissapointment, bring it on.

I was glad to see that as well. The SS owns in DOOM and Quake. That was my main weapon in Q2 multi. :D

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 02:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sure i'll get flames... But anybody else find ragdoll in doom 3 to just... Suck...?

Its like everything is the same weight or something? I can't describe it... Probably because its this early on a sunday and im late for work :dork:

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 02:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not great. Perhaps it'll be improved in the expansion?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 12:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:

I certaily hope they did because the object physics in Doom3 were pants compared to HL2.

Loved Doom3 though and I'm psyched for the expansion :D

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 01:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Mogul wrote:

I certaily hope they did because the object physics in Doom3 were pants compared to HL2.

Loved Doom3 though and I'm psyched for the expansion :D

they were even pants compared to Max Payne 2 :o

oh and whats the point of ragdoll death sequences when the bodies disappear after 2 seconds :(

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 01:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thats what i was thinking.

Whats the point of giving us this cool gun to pick bodies up with and stuff, if the body will vanish before we even switch to the weapon? Do the demons suddenlys NOT start vanishing?

IMHO, they should of vanished after time, yes, to save on frame rate, but stayed there a while. And zombies should never vanish, only gib.

Remember when the zombies came back to life? THAT was awsome...

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 07:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've not looked into it for D3 but I seem to recall RtCW had a cvar that you could set to stop bodies dissappearing on you, so I'd guess D3 has one. I think they implimented that dissappearing act for performance reasons rather than 'artist' ones (not sure if dead bodies polygons are culled from view - which they didn't do in RtCW).

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-08-2005 10:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That was really cool :|

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 10:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hate all ragdoll physics. I've never seen any that looked good.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 08:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I found those in HL2 were pretty good except I found the body moved to much from a simple pistol shot

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.