Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        Quake II Evolved Update

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake II Evolved Update

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 02-25-2005 08:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake II Evolved has changed homes. We are now located at http://www.quake2evolved.com , a website that’s a tad easier to remember in a rush. Our forums are located at http://www.quake2evolved.com/blurforum .

Q2E is undergoing some HUGE changes ATM, and so everything you know about the project will be turned upside down. These are the kind of changes that some people are too afraid to make, and only a couple of mod teams have done it to Quake 1. I can't say any more than that.

However, I have some WIP pictures for you. These ONLY show off our latest water, nothing more, so ignore everything else. Our water now uses fragment programs to distort a real time reflection and it also has diffraction on the surface below. Take a peak:

When the new *stuff* happens, you will all know about it. Until then, just keep checking the forums for the latest news. Thanks guys.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 02-25-2005 10:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OMG ITS GOING TO BE LIKE TENEABRE!!!1 :drool:

Just kiddin of course. :)

Just curious, Q2E dosen't fuck the Q2 netcode up does it? Cuz the only time I tried it online I had some pretty big lag issues. :paranoid:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-25-2005 11:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice. The effect is really subtle. Often I feel water refractions are too excessive.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 02:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry lads Q2E will have its own netcode soon. Its the only way we can have rag d.... Erm... Moving Rockets :paranoid:

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 12:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does that mean that it will break compatability with vq2 demo playback?

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 04:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I particularly like the way the gun clips through the player's hand.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 05:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gotta love the way its a beta weapon hand that I made, even though I'm not a modeler. Also gotta love the fact I said "just" the water.

Things never change. Like you.

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 10:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, but your mod has been in progress for years now, so you've had plenty of time to do something about it :smirk:

p.s. yes the water does look quite nice, although I'd be more interested in seeing it in motion

Back & Forth
Back & Forth
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 07:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yes, it is a very subtle effect odium, thanks for keeping it simple.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 12:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It working using GL_DST_ALPHA GL_ONE, a blend mode which displays brighter pixels more than darker ones. This is, in a way, just how life would do it also.

Which means you can see faint reflections of things, but skies and weapon effects show up more.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 06:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

not very impressive tbh

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 07:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Zimbo wrote:
not very impressive tbh

Thanks, alt.

Maybe maybe for the Per Pixel lighting version we are working on, before you bash the best looking Quake 2 source port out there? Image

BTW, alts suck. Just proves how much of a **** you are.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 07:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not an alt, his old accounts name is even in the sig.

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 07:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Maybe maybe for the Per Pixel lighting version we are working on

What's the point of having per pixel lighting if it's all brown?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 07:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Geebs wrote:
o'dium wrote:

Per Pixel lighting has NOTHING to do with the texture colour dumb ass.

BTW Quake 2 is not all brown. Is Doom 3 all grey? What about colour lights, that Q2 has and Q3 doesn't use?

Load up the "ware" levels, and you tell me those wouldn't look cool?

What about the rest of the stuff we are gonna try adding? HDR? Physics? dont tell me those wont work because its brown too? Maybe even MD5 models, higher poly stuff, higher res textures? New netcode?

God damn that brown stuff!

Last edited by o'dium on 03-01-2005 07:45 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 07:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Geebs wrote:
o'dium wrote:

Quake 2 is all in greenish-grey hey.
Quake 1 was the brown one ;)

But with PPL you can have light and dark brown shadows and maybe a wee bit of beige here and there.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 08:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fjoggs wrote:
It's not an alt, his old accounts name is even in the sig.

Hey I just wanted to clarify. I'M the Zimbabwe that used to roam here, I forgot my password for my old account, and now I'm pissed off that someone is using my name and nick for trolling these forums... if someone should do trolling under my nick, it should be me.

I've already sent a PM to raw asking him to ban that asshole..

Sorry for the off-topic post, I'll return to the shadows now...

Back & Forth
Back & Forth
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 02:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lols @ zim, good luck with that.

and o'dium, calm the fuck down, if someone ever says the slightest negative thing, even if hes just kiddin around, you instantly jump down thier throat. no need for it man.

Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 12:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No matter how much hi-res textures, pixel shaders, physics objects and hi-poly models you put in there, it's not gonna change the fact that the levels consist of big, blocky boxes. Or are you modifying the level geometry too?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 02:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grudge wrote:
No matter how much hi-res textures, pixel shaders, physics objects and hi-poly models you put in there, it's not gonna change the fact that the levels consist of big, blocky boxes. Or are you modifying the level geometry too?

HL2 consists of the exact same levels. Big, boxey levels.

Its not an engine ot show off Quake 2, its an engine to show off what we can do. Levels wont be touched in that regard.

Our full on, from scratch single player game, overdose, will not have "box levels" :p

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 02:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Will it be released before Duke Nukem Forever?

PostPosted: 03-02-2005 02:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Our full on, from scratch single player game, overdose, will not have "box levels" :p

Ok, suddenly this whole project starts to make more sense. Good luck with the game.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 05:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
Will it be released before Duke Nukem Forever?

:icon26: :icon26:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.