Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        Prediction...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Prediction...

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 11-08-2005 12:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake 5 will be developed by Gray Matter and Nerve as a continuation of the Quake 1 storyline.

The logo will consist of a '5' with a nail through the rounded portion, or five studs running around its circumference.

It will be released in 2012, just in time for Timewave Zero to hit and obliterate us all.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-08-2005 01:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Timewave Zero? What is that?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-08-2005 01:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

quake1? storyline? :olo:

quake1 wouldve been cool if they stuck with their original plan of having different endbosses per episode. they made the arena's, just not the actual bosses. how gay is that

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 11-08-2005 05:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MidnightQ4 wrote:

It's very New Age: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novelty_Theory

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-08-2005 08:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heh, 2012 is also when the Maya calendar ends, they believe the world is going to end in 2012. Just to let you know how accurate their predictions are, they predicted the location of the moon in 2000, they got it wrong, they were off by 2 seconds :p

XXXG-00W0
XXXG-00W0
PostPosted: 11-08-2005 08:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We will survive. We're the plague that is to end existence. Not the existence that will be ended.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-08-2005 09:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aft3rMath wrote:
Heh, 2012 is also when the Maya calendar ends, they believe the world is going to end in 2012. Just to let you know how accurate their predictions are, they predicted the location of the moon in 2000, they got it wrong, they were off by 2 seconds :p

Sounds like aliens helped them :icon32:

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 11-10-2005 07:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:q1: had style and atmosphere, and that's storyline enough for me when it comes to videogames. At least they can flesh it out more, like Raven did with voice acting, scripting, and cinematics, you know? Whatever technology's hot in a few years is what we can use to rationalize killing shamblers. :D

Gray Matter proved themselves on the whole castle/gothic thing with RTCW, I thought, and Nerve showed us they know multiplayer with some of the best class-based MP to date. I think if id decides to farm out the franchise again, GM / Nerve would make a good pair to work on it...

But until then, I'm enjoying the fuck out of Q4!

P.S. I hope they use Maya for the models. :ninja:

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 11-10-2005 09:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake 1 was indeed the best. Gothic tech grunge, truely unique. I'm willing to bet that they stick with the strogg story line from now on, though.

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 01-26-2006 11:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MidnightQ4 wrote:

Unknown by many.

Some fear it to be the end of human life. Some thinks aliens will kill us all, and some believe that machines will kill us. It's neither of those thoughts.

What Timewave Zero really is:

The end of this age.

If their is one of you who know what I'm talking of, then you have been paying attention to what's happening right now. I'm not insane, I'm just well studied.

Let the fear begin. This is no joke, but believe that I laugh that I'm not joking.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 01-27-2006 01:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He is right, you know. The oil IS going to fry up. China IS going to overtake the us, but they won't let it happen without letting off some nukes. There is going to be a second ice age... just a different kind. Our president is kind of man that would cause a globe encompassing flood just so he could build an ark.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-11-2006 05:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:
Quake 1 was indeed the best. Gothic tech grunge, truely unique. I'm willing to bet that they stick with the strogg story line from now on, though.

Fuck that, need more Q1 storyline.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-11-2006 05:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lenard wrote:
He is right, you know. The oil IS going to fry up. China IS going to overtake the us, but they won't let it happen without letting off some nukes. There is going to be a second ice age... just a different kind. Our president is kind of man that would cause a globe encompassing flood just so he could build an ark.

Curiosity, why is everyone convinced that China is going to invade the US?

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 02-11-2006 05:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did you ever get to fight Quake in the Quake 1 expansions?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-11-2006 06:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I cant spell u wrote:
Did you ever get to fight Quake in the Quake 1 expansions?

Nope, never played the expansions.

Demongay
Demongay
PostPosted: 02-11-2006 07:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There was no quake in the expansions

the bosses are WAAAAAAAAAAAARNING SPOILERS START

mp1 scourge of armagon - some stroggesque thing that shoots lasers and rockets called armagon. he suxx.

mp2 - a dragon, and some stupid machinery.

SPOILERS END HERE

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-11-2006 08:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it's hardly possible to spoil something almost 10 years old.

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 02-11-2006 09:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scourge34 wrote:
I think it's hardly possible to spoil something almost 10 years old.

Not if you haven't played them though. I doubt I'll ever get to either.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-11-2006 09:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Something that old I don't think I'd mind hearing what it's about.

edit: Lol, just thought about it. I haven't played an id or Raven expansion yet, with the exception of Death Kings of the Dark Citadel.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-11-2006 11:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Survivor wrote:
We're the plague that is to end existence. Not the existence that will be ended.

I like this, is that original or from something?

In any case its just been added to my favorite quotes list. :icon14:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.