Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        Doom3 alpha.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Doom3 alpha.

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 12-16-2005 11:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just curious, does anyone know where I can get doom3 alpha? I wanna compare it to doom 3.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 12-16-2005 11:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry that was an illegal leak and can't be discussed here.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-25-2006 01:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TEH 3VILIST BUMP IN TEH HIST0RY OF T3H BUMP5!! OH NOES!!!

I like leaks :icon26:

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 01-25-2006 11:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
TEH 3VILIST BUMP IN TEH HIST0RY OF T3H BUMP5!! OH NOES!!!

I like leaks :icon26:

hey..Hewk me up :paranoid:

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 01-25-2006 01:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Requires an ATi card to work, I believe. Nvidia drivers won't work with it, I believe.

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 01-25-2006 01:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:
Requires an ATi card to work, I believe. Nvidia drivers won't work with it, I believe.

Heh heh, wonder why. :icon25:

Demongay
Demongay
PostPosted: 01-25-2006 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

actually nvidia cards do work with it

tnt even

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-24-2006 01:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CheapAlert wrote:
actually nvidia cards do work with it

tnt even

werd

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 05-26-2006 04:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nvidia cards *did* work with the leak, you just had to get a certain driver version to get to work. The latest versions detect the alpha doom3.exe and make the screen go black, so you can't play it.

Z

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-26-2006 05:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I cant spell u wrote:
Just curious, does anyone know where I can get doom3 alpha? I wanna compare it to doom 3.
You can still get the sounds by Trent Reznor from the alpha leak. Some say that they were much better than the final version (Reznor left the D3 project).

:icon10: http://www.gamershell.com/download_6716.shtml

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 05-26-2006 06:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The alpha had so much coolness... From the way blood would splatter up your gun (With a cvar), to the completly amazing sounds trent did that blew the VD3 sounds away... To the awesome death animation that TBH would of made Doom 3 worth getting killer for...

It just oozed quality out of every corner, even if it was rushed and buggy... Damn what a sad sad shame...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-28-2006 11:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the alpha was 10 times as scary as the final game, even if it was half broken.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-29-2006 01:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you could even hide in the shadows in the alpha :E
but thats too much of an AI change so yea.. "demons can see in the dark"

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-29-2006 04:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's bizarre how many cool features were cut from the final game. Still can't believe it.

Demongay
Demongay
PostPosted: 05-29-2006 06:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the original doom had alot of cool features cut too

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 05-29-2006 06:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:

No you couldn't, it was an animation. Even walking out in front of the hellknight would of done nothing, he just walked straight through you :(

I always wanted to be able to hide in the shadows, thats what they are there for you know. But yeah, dropped the ball on that one id did.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 05-29-2006 05:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CheapAlert wrote:
Like?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-30-2006 12:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
MKJ wrote:

No you couldn't, it was an animation. Even walking out in front of the hellknight would of done nothing, he just walked straight through you :(

I always wanted to be able to hide in the shadows, thats what they are there for you know. But yeah, dropped the ball on that one id did.

o rly?
then that was hardcoded then in that one techdemo? :E

the best part of the alpha was when you dropped down some ledge and there was light coming from behind you casting shadows on the wall in front of you.. and then your silhouette got overshadowed by a hell knight's shadow. great stuff :icon14:
too bad the final game took such moments out without adding much in return =\

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-30-2006 12:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

_borsdy wrote:
CheapAlert wrote:
Like?

different characters to choose from, cutscenes, inventory.

check the doom bible over at doomworld.com

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 06-04-2006 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm just skimming through pages, and the further I go I get even more confused with what the fuck I'm reading. I'm really creeped out now.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 06-04-2006 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 06-18-2006 05:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
o'dium wrote:
MKJ wrote:

o rly?
then that was hardcoded then in that one techdemo? :E

the best part of the alpha was when you dropped down some ledge and there was light coming from behind you casting shadows on the wall in front of you.. and then your silhouette got overshadowed by a hell knight's shadow. great stuff :icon14:
too bad the final game took such moments out without adding much in return =\

You're making me jealous..

It's probably long gone since Doom 3 has been released though huh?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-28-2006 04:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a crying shame Doom 3 wasn't released like it could, and should, have been.

Having wet myself while playing the alpha, I was pretty disappointed about 1/3 through the finished product when I realized that it was just a bunch of wasted potential.

I had fun while playing, but for most of the game that thought dogged me.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 11-28-2006 10:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really, really enjoyed that game. I even somewhat enjoyed its dm. But there are just so many WOW moments for me. Looking at certain scenery and lighting, especially. The art direction of that game was so strong.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-29-2006 08:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:
I really, really enjoyed that game. I even somewhat enjoyed its dm. But there are just so many WOW moments for me. Looking at certain scenery and lighting, especially. The art direction of that game was so strong.

I'm constantly playing through the single player for Doom 3, then switching to the expansion as soon as I'm done. I just love the gameplay, graphics, and environments that much.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-29-2006 02:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was looking forward to the DM so much- but it ran so poorly that I gave up on it. Maybe it would have been better on a LAN :(

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-29-2006 02:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now CTF in RoE - try finding a good server to run that. Whoosh!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.