Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        What will be Id's next game?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: What will be Id's next game?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-15-2006 10:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The only thing I've heard so far is that it will not be a sequal to either Quake or Doom, but something totally new (but still, of course, a FPS) and its been over a year since Doom 3 was released and still no word on it.

So what are you guys thoughts on what it could be? Is there any new information on what it might be?

I'm hoping it will have good multiplayer (unlike Doom3).

Demongay
Demongay
PostPosted: 01-15-2006 11:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a final fantasy clone that abuses larg amount of fragment shading and john carmacks ever growing ego penis

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-16-2006 01:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you know, I think Id software isn't what they used to be. I think after Quake 2, things started to go downhill from there. They used to be the best in the gaming business, but once some serious competition came (Valve, Epic, e.t.c.) they lost their position as being the best in the business.

However I still believe they are best graphicaly. All their games have always had the best graphics (becouse of John Carmack).

I believe it would be best for Carmack to leave Id and just make game engines and then sell them to other game companies.

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 01-16-2006 10:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hexen 3: World of hexen.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer
PostPosted: 01-16-2006 01:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quest? :paranoid:

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 01-16-2006 02:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Erm, commander keen 3d?

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 01-16-2006 05:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I cant spell u wrote:
Erm, commander keen 3d?

MP 3D pogo ownage. So sweet.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-17-2006 04:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

actually, carmack said they will be doing a new IP and even a new gametype
hey maybe theyll complete another 2% of Quest before deciding Wolf/Doom/Quake is just easier to do

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 01-21-2006 08:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I cant spell u wrote:
Hexen 3: World of hexen.

Sure why not? Raven doing Quake, id might as well do Hexen.

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 01-22-2006 01:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know there working on that quest game with nerve software though but a hexen sequel would be bad ass, or a quake sequel to quake 1 would be even more cool.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-22-2006 02:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Enemy Territory - Quake Wars is on its way...

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 01-22-2006 02:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:

It's also developed by splash damage.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-25-2006 01:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I cant spell u wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:

It's also developed by splash damage.

:paranoid:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.