Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        Doom3

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Doom3

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-09-2009 05:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thats because there are none.

or hardly any :owned:

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 02-12-2009 04:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tried to play online - through QTracker - and got the same "uses protocol blahblah" shit that I got when first dealing with Q3A. Will anyone tell me where to find the update/mods I need to get all Doom on yer aces?

please

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 02-20-2009 01:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You guys suck! I figured it out myself. I'm not even gonna tell you what the problem was, so you can't laugh at me about it. That's what you get fer not tryin tuh help me. No chuckles for you one week! :miffed:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-20-2009 07:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't play D3 multiplayer. Haven't updated shit on that front.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-21-2009 01:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know why people complained about the monster closets so much looking back on when this game first came out.

I was too busy gibbing to go "oh wow, a dead end. Logically speaking, a monster would have no reason to be here".

However, it definitely would have been cool if arms and crap punched through metal and grabbed you or like... the faculty's various corpses exploded and had parasitic monsters trying to gnaw your limbs off or something.

If my 360 wasn't a brick I'd play this again right now :(

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-21-2009 01:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

360? Traitor. Doom started out as and always will be a pc game.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 02-21-2009 02:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Was Doom 3 even confirmed to WORK on the 360?

I loved me some Doom 3 on xbox. The maps were better, the coop was REALLY well done, and it came with a steelbook case that just screamed "awesome".

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-21-2009 08:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
However, it definitely would have been cool if arms and crap punched through metal and grabbed you or like... the faculty's various corpses exploded and had parasitic monsters trying to gnaw your limbs off or something.

That's why I love Dead Space :drool:

But Doom 3 was one of the best FPS at its time and the Xbox version couldn't even compare to the thousands of mods and extended gameplay available on PC.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-21-2009 10:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Was Doom 3 even confirmed to WORK on the 360?

I loved me some Doom 3 on xbox. The maps were better, the coop was REALLY well done, and it came with a steelbook case that just screamed "awesome".

yes, it's BC.

and co-op, well that just might be the saving grace of this game :up:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 04-22-2009 03:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Never played Dead Space. I don't usually buy new games =\

The only reason I bought Doom 3 for the xbox was because it was cheap and I needed something other than Call of Duty 4 to play (which totally sucks ass on a console btw)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-22-2009 10:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
which totally sucks ass on a console btw

err, no it doesn't

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 04-22-2009 11:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry but having to fuck around with analog sticks while trying to hit a target with a weapon that has a small firing radius sucks ass.

Doom 3 does well with the analog stick, regardless, because there's more room for aiming inaccuracy.

With CoD 4, I'd much rather be using a mouse and have a finer control over what I'm doing.

Not to mention, you can't run custom content for xbox cod 4 =\

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-23-2009 05:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The discussion between mouse/keyboard and controller is an old one for which I'd easily side on the mouse/keyboard side. It is the ultimate input method for first person shooters. However, while I used to refuse to acknowledge console controllers as a valid input method for FPS games, having played a good number of them on consoles I'm now used to it and I haven't felt restrained by it in CoD4 or other FPS games.

Also, even if console controllers are inferior to mouse/keyboard, it doesn't automatically mean that the game sucks on a console. Both CoD4 and Doom3 are marvelous titles and the control method is only a small negative point when comparing to PC.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 04-23-2009 09:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wasn't trying to make the input method into some kind of argument. It's just a major factor that affects the enjoyability of the game for me.

Although I must admit I do get some laughs from listening to kids yell at each other on their mics.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-09-2010 01:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Search up in Google Doom III Alpha and download it! Then play it and see how better it is than the final version.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-15-2011 05:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Better? Because of what, the sound effects? It's little more than a tech demo, and the final game has far better use of the tech, anyway.

Sorry for the thread necro.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-15-2011 05:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

FYI: Dessicated corpse was banned.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 07-06-2011 04:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

re: backwards compatibility of DOOM 3 on Xbox 360

Not only does it work, as reported, but it is also one of the Xbox games that has widescreen support. Its low resolution looks pretty horrible and feels weird playing it on a modern tv, but it beats having black bars on the side of the screen, or stretching the image to fit your screen. True widescreen is rare in original Xbox games. I am positive there are many more, but of the games I played, I think only Halo 2 is the only other one that actually does this.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-07-2011 12:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

most xbox1 games have widescreen support, actually.
its the 360 that fucks the widescreen up in BC games if you're using a certain res :/

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.