Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        Doom II interview movie

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Doom II interview movie

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 04-25-2006 12:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-25-2006 02:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice find! :D Always nice to be reminded how much Doom 1 & 2 rocked. :)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-25-2006 11:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol awesome :D

Lightbringer
Lightbringer
PostPosted: 04-26-2006 01:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 04-26-2006 10:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol short, but kewl. I always played Doom,Duke3D, Blake stone and other Apogee and Id games when I was a wee one.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 04-26-2006 10:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I cant spell u wrote:
lol short, but kewl. I always played Doom,Duke3D, Blake stone and other Apogee and Id games when I was a wee one.

hehe, I think you're one of the rarer of younger breeds that enjoys old school games and id flavored bubble gum, wicked :D

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 04-26-2006 10:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:
I cant spell u wrote:

hehe, I think you're one of the rarer of younger breeds that enjoys old school games and id flavored bubble gum, wicked :D

It's annoying when a friend is over and they see me playing an old game and hear they say how it sucks and complain about the graphics.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 04-26-2006 11:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

gameplay > graphics.

commander keen fucking owned.

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 04-26-2006 12:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fjoggs wrote:
gameplay > graphics.

I said that to one person at some party and he said that graphics always determined gameplay which is why Quake 4 is the same as Doom 3, or so he said. :icon27:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-26-2006 06:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fjoggs wrote:
gameplay > graphics.

Everything after Keen 3 had pretty good graphics though (nice artwork). :) I finished most of them a couple of times.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 04-27-2006 03:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, IIRC it didnt run at 2FPS when I played number 4 and 5 ;)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-27-2006 04:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I cant spell u wrote:
dzjepp wrote:
I cant spell u wrote:

It's annoying when a friend is over and they see me playing an old game and hear they say how it sucks and complain about the graphics.

word
ive been playing games for years and years and years, and i still have games like Dungeon Master installed and play it from time to time. "omg that resolution is shite!!1". well duh, it was released before you even knew how to work a mouse, cocklord

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 04-27-2006 04:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol cocklord.

Whenever I play games, i play:
Transport Tycoon
Heroes 3
Quake 3.

Sum good 'ol games right there. (q3 aint that old though) :p

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-27-2006 05:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Starcraft downright owns. :icon31: I play ums (use map settings) maps on battle.net only though because it's crazy fun and there's a huge amount of different maps and lots of new ones being made still today.

I played heroes 2 a lot in the past.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 04-27-2006 02:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I still play all my old games. Side-scrollers and all. I'll take gameplay over graphics anyday.

I cant spell u wrote:

I said that to one person at some party and he said that graphics always determined gameplay which is why Quake 4 is the same as Doom 3, or so he said. :icon27:

And that is just retarded.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.