Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        Quake II question

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake II question

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-26-2006 01:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hi all,

I want to play Quake II as multiplayer, but I don't know how to access a server.

Who can help me?

Thx Pas

Demongay
Demongay
PostPosted: 05-26-2006 06:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you use a server list program like say qtracker or ase (which is evil trial ware)

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 08-14-2007 09:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

After recently installing Quake II again off of my Quake 4 Bonus disc, the game runs and looks fine after upping the resolution, but I can't seem to get the HUD to show up. I don't see an option anywhere in the game menu.

Am I missing something?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-14-2007 11:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

StarShrieker wrote:
After recently installing Quake II again off of my Quake 4 Bonus disc, the game runs and looks fine after upping the resolution, but I can't seem to get the HUD to show up. I don't see an option anywhere in the game menu.

Am I missing something?

I think that decreasing the viewing size (you can set buttons for increasing/decreasing the viewing size) with one step shows the hud.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 08-15-2007 06:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hmm, that didn't work either. I'll keep looking. Actually, it's kind of fun running through the levels not knowing what my health is...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-15-2007 07:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

didnt that stuff turn off at the highest difficulty? or was that another game :paranoid:

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 08-16-2007 06:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that still didn't work :o So far, have only died a couple of times so it hasn't even been an issue.

How is Quake 2's gameplay compared to th original? I might buy it off steam, just curious.

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 08-16-2007 09:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

StarShrieker wrote:
How is Quake 2's gameplay compared to th original? I might buy it off steam, just curious.

Quake 2 kicks major ass...one of the best multiplayer features (weapon drops) were removed in q3 for no reason...let's hope they will bring this cool feature back in Quake Arena :up:

The original Quake is still the fastest and best Quake to date...any questions?

good boy...

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 08-20-2007 07:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm with Duhard on this one. QW (QuakeWorld that is, not Quake Wars) for DM, Q2 for CTF. Well worth the purchase.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.