Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        Skulltag 96b RELEASED.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Skulltag 96b RELEASED.

Let's Get Serious!
Let's Get Serious!
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 07:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 10:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bleh. Just something to screw around with until the next big ZDaemon update. Correct me if I'm wrong --

You can't wall-run in ST. The BFG trick is off by default in ST. You can't record demos in ST. And maybe most importantly -- barely anyone plays.

It's definitely got some good things going for it, and is ahead of ZDaemon in a few ways that actually matter, but it's mostly just distraction material for me. :)

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 05:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ZD... is that still on track for this year? ;)

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 03-19-2005 07:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They haven't touched ZD 2.0 (the magnum upgrade) in almost half a year unfortunately.

However, they have been hard at work on version 1.07 for a long time now. It's going to be quite the upgrade from 1.06. It will fix many, many bugs, include improved doom2.exe play (just a few minor things are different in ZD so they're working on getting it back to the original way), an IRC client that's integrated with the server browser, and other little things. It's just based on ZDoom 1.23, instead of ZDoom 2.x (which is what ZD 2.0 will be, and what Skulltag currently is based on).

It's going to be a seriously great release. The only thing that I really care about that's planned for ZD 2.0 that will not be in 1.07 is the OpenGL support.

And really, that's OK. I've survived without OpenGL this long. not a problem.

So, when is ZD 1.07 coming? Who knows. But they've been working on it for a long, long time. I would guess some time within the next couple of months.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.