Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        Resurrection of Evil and DOOM 3 XBox Dates Confirmed

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Resurrection of Evil and DOOM 3 XBox Dates Confirmed

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 10:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Week of April 4, for sure. That almost guarantees Tuesday, April 5th.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/586/586513p1.html

Curiouser and Curiouser
Curiouser and Curiouser
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 03:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am glad you posted that. I have a kid driving me nuts for D3 for her xbox and didn't know when it would be available and hadn't asked. :icon28:

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 04:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Believe it or not, I'm pretty excited about the XBox version. I mean, it comes with co-op, for one. So you and her can both play it together if you want, and I will certainly be playing co-op with my friends just for fun. :)

Not to mention it comes with ports of DOOM and DOOM II. Multiplayer support isn't as good as I wanted it to be in those games, but still, very nice. The only problem I've got is figuring out how I'm going to raise the $100ish that it's going to require to get them both.

Faded Dream
Faded Dream
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 08:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GAH! they just HAD to put the old doom's on it...

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 11:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, yeah, you know, I'd just about always prefer the PC versions of these games any day over the XBox, but even on these DOOM and DOOM II ports, the thing that really draws me in, is the no-pressure, no-tech-related-effort of sitting down with friends and playing these cool games.

It's the same principal as when people do this with Halo, the difference being these games don't look or play like Sci-Fi Channel original movies.

Yeah man... I look forward to messing around with DOOM 3 and DOOM II co-op. Will be fun. :)

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 12:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I may have to get this for the co-op :icon11:

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 03:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kn0wFuRy wrote:
I am glad you posted that. I have a kid driving me nuts for D3 for her xbox and didn't know when it would be available and hadn't asked. :icon28:

How old's your kid?

Faded Dream
Faded Dream
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 05:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:
Well, yeah, you know, I'd just about always prefer the PC versions of these games any day over the XBox, but even on these DOOM and DOOM II ports, the thing that really draws me in, is the no-pressure, no-tech-related-effort of sitting down with friends and playing these cool games.

It's the same principal as when people do this with Halo, the difference being these games don't look or play like Sci-Fi Channel original movies.

Yeah man... I look forward to messing around with DOOM 3 and DOOM II co-op. Will be fun. :)

my problem is the extra cost. hopefully the coop campaign is worth the extra cash. course loading up DOOM and playing DM like back in the day will be a rush.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 05:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, but you know about ZDaemon, right? :)

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 07:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh, by the way, DOOM and DOOM II are only in the collector's edition. +$10

Faded Dream
Faded Dream
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 09:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:
Oh, by the way, DOOM and DOOM II are only in the collector's edition. +$10

thats the extra cost i'm talking about, and of course i know about zdaemon :p

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 01:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's all about this right here

XFPS Control

Mines still in the mail

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 02:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I've heard about stuff like those. I could see it not being that great in a 3d game (like DOOM 3), but for the original DOOMs it might be cool (no looking up and down, etc).

I don't know... am I wrong?

PostPosted: 02-11-2005 03:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll be using it with Halo 2.....hopefully mass domination will ensue (even though it already does)

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 09:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The only thing with them is that the mouse speed is capped (understandably) at the maximum speed of the analog stick. I don't know. Halo 2's max sensitivity is pretty fast, so maybe it would be OK.

One day if I ever have tons of money, maybe I'll try it. :)

Faded Dream
Faded Dream
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 09:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:
The only thing with them is that the mouse speed is capped (understandably) at the maximum speed of the analog stick. I don't know. Halo 2's max sensitivity is pretty fast, so maybe it would be OK.

One day if I ever have tons of money, maybe I'll try it. :)

converted it's just under $37.00 which aint bad, i got joysticks i paid more for even once you include shipping heh. and hell it'd make KOTOR 2 tolerable

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 08:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Similar product for $29
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=5438

I have one and use it for Halo2.

Faded Dream
Faded Dream
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 12:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fender wrote:
Similar product for $29
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=5438

I have one and use it for Halo2.

does it work well enough to replace the x-box controller?

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 12:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And is it accurate and responsive?

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 06:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Great for DM. Piloting vehicles was a little challenging, but you can get used to it. For DM it is great. You can actually aim. Target people in air as they fall and such. It is very accurate, IMO. The responsiveness is neither better nor worse than a regular controller. You can't turn faster than you can with the controller, however. You can't do a 180 spin like you can with :q3: and a real mouse/keyboard combo, but tracking is much easier.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 07:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Right, right... sounds good. Maybe I'll look into that.

By the way, what is movement like with a keyboard on that game?

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 05:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quite nice. Standard WASD. Of course, you can customize the layout anyway you want. It has 12 presets. You activate a game present by pressing F1 - F12. F1 through F11 are set to serveral popular games and F12 is empty for a free form program.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 05:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And the rest of the keys? Are there, you know, UIOP[]. etc? And are they useful at all? :D

Faded Dream
Faded Dream
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 06:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

if it works with KOTOR II i'm grabbin it

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 06:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can map any key to any controller button.
List of features (from that link :p)
# Connect PC Mouse and Keyboard to your Xbox®
# Especially designed for First Person Shooters
# Supports all keys on Keyboard and Mouse (including Scroll-Wheel)
# Pre-Installed configurations for most FPS Best Sellers
# Fully programmable including advanced features such as Deadzone and Mouse Control Inversion
# Built-in Memory Card slot for compatible peripherals (incl. Headset)
# Works with any game, even without built-in Mouse + Keyboard support
# Compatible with all Xbox® consoles (US, JPN, PAL)
# Compatible with standard PS/2 Mice, incl. USB Mice with USB to PS/2 Adapter
# Compatible with Optical and Wireless Mice
# Controller port cable with inline release
# Also available for PlayStation®2
# Patent Pending

One word of warning, though. If you use a wireless keyboard AND wireless mouse you will probably have problems. Switch one to corded and you'll be fine. Something to do with the unit not suppling enough power for both to be wireless.

Preset defaults (pdf)
Quick Start Guide (pdf)
Quick Reference Card (pdf)

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-18-2005 12:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Will you buy me one for my birthday, please? :)

Faded Dream
Faded Dream
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 12:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

going to be ordering this when tax money comes in.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.