Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        Classic Doom better than New Doom................

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 

Which game do you prefer?
Doom 3  18%  [ 7 ]
Classic Doom/Doom II  81%  [ 30 ]
Total votes : 37
Topic Starter Topic: 

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 11-20-2006 03:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

how do you type without a keyboard?
no wonder your in the legends forum :O

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-20-2006 04:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keyboard is in a tray underneath. :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-21-2006 08:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

those were the days :tear:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-21-2006 02:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Say, if you want or need any of those editors/programs and whatever, let me know and I'll post em up.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-21-2006 03:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doom editor sounds sexy. How does it work though? I've always wanted a simple "click and drag" editor for it :icon32:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-21-2006 03:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Most of them are a 'bit' more complicated than that. A lot of manual settings/tweaking. Some of them do use a good bit of mouse work though.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-22-2006 10:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i hated the official one, with the gay star prefabs et al.
hellmaker is still where its at, especially since 1.4 had realtime 3d wireframing and Final Doom engine hacks available.

but the most important part of the Doom editors is theory, not practise. understanding vectors, reverse vectors, sectors, upper / lower texturing. oh and some math :icon32:

the rest is just problemsolving

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-22-2006 12:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The unpinning textures on the lower/upper and the moving sectors drove me nuts until I figured them out. Overall it was pretty fun and I think I'm gonna try some more. :)

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-24-2007 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ITS SO CHEEZY IT MAKES IT FUN FUN FUN!!! KISS MY @SS POKEMON!!!! :icon25: :icon25: :icon25: :icon25: :icon25:

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-02-2007 04:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gauranteed Classic Doom takes the cake, as Doom 3 is in a diffrent kind of FPS. 3 wasn't bad though, if it had a bit more killing in it, Doom 3 would be as good as the classic

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-05-2007 06:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
The unpinning textures on the lower/upper and the moving sectors drove me nuts until I figured them out. Overall it was pretty fun and I think I'm gonna try some more. :)

one thing i was never able to figure out was how to have a certain monster be a trigger for a plat. (like the two baron's of hell at the end of e1).
if memory serves, the target sector had a rediculous high id number.. that was the only thing I could ever find about that whole procedure

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-24-2007 03:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no u

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 02-27-2007 07:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
no u

Stop the spam.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-27-2007 08:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Scourge wrote:

one thing i was never able to figure out was how to have a certain monster be a trigger for a plat. (like the two baron's of hell at the end of e1).
if memory serves, the target sector had a rediculous high id number.. that was the only thing I could ever find about that whole procedure

I got to thinking about this and loaded up a couple of the old editors and opened up e1m8 and couldn't really tell what they had going with that. :shrug:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-27-2007 11:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmm, maybe we should do a Quake3World Doom single player map pack? I've never made maps for Doom, but if anyone could point me in the direction of the bestestest editor available then I might want to give it a shot.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-28-2007 10:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
MKJ wrote:
Scourge wrote:

I got to thinking about this and loaded up a couple of the old editors and opened up e1m8 and couldn't really tell what they had going with that. :shrug:

eggsacktly. *stares blankly at e1m8*
must be an engine hack, like the invisible walls in Final Doom

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-28-2007 05:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The tag is 666. And it must be certain levels and the last boss dies. About the only thing I've found that makes sense. Not sure how to apply it though.

http://drsleep.newdoom.com/data/doombuilderguide.pdf

page 142.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-01-2007 07:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wow, what an ideal solution coded by id :olo:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-01-2007 11:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ain't it though?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-02-2007 04:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Hmm, maybe we should do a Quake3World Doom single player map pack? I've never made maps for Doom, but if anyone could point me in the direction of the bestestest editor available then I might want to give it a shot.

I might start on something this weekend. I personally prefer EdMap, WadEd, and Wadauthor.

Here's a page with bunches of them. It's down to preference really. I'm using the ones I listed above with XP and no problems so far.

http://www.newdoom.com/editing.php#1

Already started on one.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-09-2007 08:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

there thread over

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-13-2007 03:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cheetah235 wrote:

there thread over

Apparently you didn't learn how to adjust the light levels.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 06-10-2007 04:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lawls?

Anyway, I have never played doom III, as my craptop cant run them.

Doom I and II kickd ass, though!

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 06-11-2007 03:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looking at this thread again has inspired me to install Doom I&II and Quake 2 on my computer again.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 06-20-2007 02:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.